Author Topic: Stereo speakers for Tyros 5-76  (Read 3864 times)

Offline Will49

Stereo speakers for Tyros 5-76
« on: April 12, 2022, 05:25:01 PM »
It's been ages since I've posted anything on here... been far too busy still enjoying my Tyros 5-76 as much each day as I did on the first day I got it... yes, 4 years ago last December!
Anyhow, I wonder if anyone can suggest a couple of decent speakers for home use only? It's in a rather small room (approx 16ft x 9ft) so there is no real need for anything too powerful... just as long as the T5's sounds all the way from the deepest depths of bass right through to the upper frequencies are handled at a reasonably decent quality.
Up until now, I have played it through our Aiwa Z-VM280 Hi-Fi system, which dates back to about 1995; and didn't cost all that much brand new either - can't remember the exact amount though!
So that gives you an idea of what I've been used to (and very satisfied with) for all those years. Having said that, I’m looking at having the Hi-Fi in another room, hence my quest for some decent speakers... and preferably without having to spend an arm and a leg!

Kind regards,

Will

Offline mikf

Re: Stereo speakers for Tyros 5-76
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 07:37:44 AM »
There are so many great speaker choices out there. You can buy a pair of nice powered 4 inch monitors that have great sound across the full range without a separate woofer from well known brands like MAudio, Mackie etc for around $150. Plenty of power and perfect for a small room. In fact plenty of power for rooms quite a bit bigger than yours.
But the look and sound of speakers is ultimately a pretty personal choice, so best to try and get yourself down to your local music store and listen to some. A lot of people like the Logitech 5.1  systems that Gary recommends, but I had one of the older models and was not keen on it. Too many bits and wires running all over the room and the 5.1 has no sound advantage over stereo on our keyboards. So it’s all personal choice. And eliminating the wires by using Bluetooth wireless systems on live playing is not usually recommended as they can have noticeable latency issues when playing keyboards.Latency is not a big deal when playing back recordings but can be very off putting when trying to play the keyboard.
Mike

Offline RoyB

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 09:41:40 AM »
Hi Will

I used to have a pair of KRK Rokit monitors but they were too much (over-powering) for my home use.
I now have a pair of these which for me are far more suitable.

https://www.alesis.com/products/view/elevate-3-mkii

For the price, I think they are great and I find them powerful enough for a normal domestic room with a good amount of bass for the size. There are plenty of online reviews which you can check out.
They are 7.5 inches tall, and 5 inches wide. In my opinion, the bass from them is very good for their price and size, but if you want to add more bass, they have a subwoofer socket - I already had a Yamaha Hi-Fi subwoofer which I have connected into them.

Regards

Roy
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 05:59:31 PM »
Mike, I found the latency problem a huge obstacle when playing live. For me, it was unbearable to say the very least. Even if you are playing back a midi file, and want to play along with it, it poses a horrible problem.

JMO,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 08:55:37 PM »
Agree Gary. It’s very similar to playing some the large church pipe organs where you can get delay. Hard to deal with.
Re the Alesis , it’s like I said, there are tons of great small monitor speakers out there.  It’s almost hard to go wrong.
 Google ‘MusicTech best small monitor speakers for 2021’  and you will see reviews of small speaker systems starting well below $100/pair up to $1000 per pair. I have the Maudio BX 4s for which I paid about $100 for the pair and think they are great.
Mike

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 11:00:53 PM »
Hi Guys,

Latency is a problem for playing live, but as Mike stated, for playing recorded songs it is fine.
The problem with using bluetooth for live performances is that bluetooth treats every note you play and release as an on off signal. This is what causes all the latency issues.
Will are the speakers that came with the T5 not available? They were fine for small rooms. I found these new in box. not sure where you live though.
https://reverb.com/item/13860558-yamaha-trs-ms05-new-in-box

Rick D.

Offline mikf

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 11:59:27 PM »
The Yamaha speakers are pretty good, but he may think they are a bit pricey. There are many great options for half the price of the Yamaha speakers or less for a small room, in fact for fairly big rooms. I have used small studio monitors (Maudio BX4) costing about $150/pair for small parties around 30 people and they had plenty of volume and plenty bass without a sub woofer.
Mike
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 12:09:02 AM by mikf »

Offline Will49

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 04:54:09 PM »
Hi All,

Just a quick reply to thank you all for your recommendations. I have run through a few reviews the products mentioned above, and I'm pleased to say that I've come across some very positive remarks... if anything, more pros than cons!
But at the end of the day, I guess a visit to a music store very soon (as suggested by Mike) is on the cards then! 😉

Best wishes,

Will

Offline Dnj

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 06:13:35 PM »
I have been using TWO Bose S1 pro speakers and it sounds amazing check them out.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/portable_pa_speakers/s1_pro_system.html#v=s1_pro_system

tyrosman

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2022, 03:08:16 PM »
Speakers for Home use i would get either Yamaha HS 7 OR Hs 8 depending on your size of Room :)