Author Topic: playlist  (Read 1788 times)

Offline john1509

playlist
« on: April 11, 2022, 09:07:00 PM »
hi does the sx900 playlist work on the sx700. every time i try to load it shows a exclamation mark and says song not found

Offline Fred Smith

Re: playlist
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 09:45:56 PM »
hi does the sx900 playlist work on the sx700. every time i try to load it shows a exclamation mark and says song not found

Playlists should work from one keyboard to another.

So your problem is that the playlist can't find the song. You need to ensure that the registration is in exactly the same place as it was on the original keyboard.

To start debugging, find the registration manually. Then ensure it's where the playlist has been told to look for it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 08:57:44 AM »
no the playlist doesn`t work in the same way the cvp series 709 doesn`t work on the 809. you can convert it using YRM found n here. Make sure the file extension is on usb1 and ont root of usb

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 11:11:57 AM »
no the playlist doesn`t work in the same way the cvp series 709 doesn`t work on the 809. you can convert it using YRM found n here. Make sure the file extension is on usb1 and ont root of usb

You need to understand Playlists better.

A playlist is a list of registrations. Playlists are transferable.

You’re talking about registrations. While sometimes registrations can be read by other keyboards, many times they’re not. YRM can be used to convert registrations . YRM knows nothing about playlists.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 01:40:16 PM »
Do make sure that the USB stick with the playlist on is in the keyboard and reads as USB1.

Offline john1509

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 03:42:45 PM »
hi thanks for the reply .yes the playlist is in the root dir shows up as USB1. all the other playlist  thats on the usb play fine just not the sx900. shows  all the songs just cant play them   

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 04:30:11 PM »
hi thanks for the reply .yes the playlist is in the root dir shows up as USB1. all the other playlist  thats on the usb play fine just not the sx900. shows  all the songs just cant play them

You likely need to convert your registrations to work on the different keyboard.

Ignore the playlist for now, and focus on getting the registrations working. You can use  Murray Best's Yamaha Registration Manager to do the conversion.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline john1509

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 08:31:47 PM »
hi thanks for the reply Fred  were can i find Murray Best's Yamaha Registration Manager is it on this site thanks

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 09:19:12 PM »
hi thanks for the reply Fred  were can i find Murray Best's Yamaha Registration Manager is it on this site thanks

https://www.psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ