Author Topic: How can I embed lyrics to mp3 backing tracks on my SX700?  (Read 2940 times)

How can I embed lyrics to mp3 backing tracks on my SX700?
« on: April 10, 2022, 07:14:53 PM »
Hello! I have an SX700 and sometimes I use backing tracks from a USB Stick. How could I embed lyrics so that if I go to the lyrics menu they show up automatically?

Offline overover

Re: How can I embed lyrics to mp3 backing tracks on my SX700?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 08:14:10 PM »
Hi Patrick,

To embed lyrics in MP3 files you can use the "Lyrioke Maker 2" program by the German company Midiland:
>>> https://www.midiland.de/en/software_frameset.htm

P.S.
With the "Midifile Optimizer" program (also frim Midiland) you can record your existing MIDI files as MP3s, and existing lyrics in the MIDI files are automatically written into the MP3s.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: patrick.r99

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 08:42:13 PM »
Hello! I have an SX700 and sometimes I use backing tracks from a USB Stick. How could I embed lyrics so that if I go to the lyrics menu they show up automatically?

One option is to create text files with the lyrics. They will work with any setup.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 10:47:12 PM »
Hi Patrick,

To embed lyrics in MP3 files you can use the "Lyrioke Maker 2" program by the German company Midiland:
>>> https://www.midiland.de/en/software_frameset.htm

P.S.
With the "Midifile Optimizer" program (also frim Midiland) you can record your existing MIDI files as MP3s, and existing lyrics in the MIDI files are automatically written into the MP3s.

Best regards,
Chris

Thank you for your help. Is there a free alternative program that can do this?

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 10:48:44 PM »
One option is to create text files with the lyrics. They will work with any setup.

Cheers,
Fred

Yes, that's what I've been doing up until now. But when I have over 300 songs, it's a bit tricky so I'm just wondering if I could embed the lyrics so that they automatically show up as soon as I open the mp3, like a midi with lyrics.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 12:16:28 AM »
Yes, that's what I've been doing up until now. But when I have over 300 songs, it's a bit tricky so I'm just wondering if I could embed the lyrics so that they automatically show up as soon as I open the mp3, like a midi with lyrics.

Agreed if you’re doing it all manually. So you should consider setting up a registration for each song you have. Get the registration to do all the work for you.

If you have your lyrics in text files already, registrations will be a lot simpler than putting lyrics in mp3s.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 10:45:15 PM »
For MIDI files, I use a program called "Serenade" (http://www.1manband.nl/serenade/index.htm) which sells for $14.95. It is very user friendly and I have used it for more than a decade with a great deal of success. Check it out!

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: mcbrown, john-s, patrick.r99