Author Topic: PSR-SX900 Mixer question  (Read 1126 times)

Offline PhotoDoc05

PSR-SX900 Mixer question
« on: April 09, 2022, 09:53:16 PM »
I just realized something today, even though I've had the SX900 for 2 years, and thought I had a pretty good grasp of operations! LOL

On the Mixer, Panel 1    --- we have the volume settings for STYLE  M.PAD  LEFT  R1  R2 R3  MIDI  AUDIO  displayed.

If I simply select another STYLE, and check the new settings, they all DO change.......; except for the STYLE volume. It retains the previous setting!
Is that what's supposed to happen?  Isn't there some builtin, default volume setting for each Style?
If I save a registration, it will save and recall the STYLE volume, as expected.  But selecting a different STYLE does not change the STYLE volume.

Is there some other setting somewhere that is perhaps causing this?  or is this the way it's supposed to work?
Thanks in advance!
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline LaHawk

Re: PSR-SX900 Mixer question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 11:48:41 PM »
Panel settings are used for making temporary changes to volume including  R1, R2, etc.  (and for temporarily editing EQ, Effects, etc.)
The default volume is 100 for all panel settings.  If you make changes in panel settings like volume to a style, R1, R2, etc., they will carry over to any other selected styles.  I use panel settings mostly for editing and saving a registration.

Again, Panel settings are a temporary setting for all styles, (etc.) until you switch off /on, and the panel settings will then be back to the default 100 volume. 

Yes, It is the way it's suppose to work.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, PhotoDoc05

Offline PhotoDoc05

Re: PSR-SX900 Mixer question
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 01:24:52 PM »
Gary,
Thanks for the confirmation....... it is the way it works! 8)

Regards, Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber