Author Topic: Synchronizing two PSR SX 700's  (Read 1133 times)

Offline AntonVH

Synchronizing two PSR SX 700's
« on: April 06, 2022, 10:30:06 PM »
I am Ton van Hasselt from the Netherlands. I recently bought a second (used) PSR SX 700 so I now have one at home and one in my holiday cottage. I would like to get and keep these keyboards equal. I therefore need a synchronizing system. I only have a limited quantity of data to manage. I was thinking of using a 32 GB USB stick and put everything I need (Registrations, Playlists,  extra Styles and Voices) on one stick which I then can use when playing on each of the keyboards.

To start making the keyboards equal I had to merge the Registrations and other data of both keyboards.....  It appeard that synchronizing the keyboards is more complicated than I expected. Has anybody experience with this ? I would appreciate any helpful tips and tricks.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Synchronizing two PSR SX 700's
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 03:50:15 AM »
If I were you, I would have one USB stick which is your master copy. It's the one you use for everything, and you just take it with you when you change dwellings.

I don't understand why you have to merge any other data. Is it because you have files on the User drive? If so, I would dump them, and have all your files on the USB stick. That's the only drive you use.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 07:05:48 AM »
I don't know the SX700, but I guess storing registrations etc. works the same way as on the Tyros and older PSR's. On my machines, I always store everything on a USB stick. So I don't use the keyboard's user memory or not even the harddrive. This way it is easy to use the same settings on multiple (equal) machines. And don't forget to backup the USB stick regularly.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline AntonVH

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 09:36:15 PM »
Thanks Fred and Robert, I hoped that using just a USB stick would be possible. I tested the use of Playlists on a large folder with Registrations and found out that I had to generate a Playlist for each of the keyboards. I probably made a mistake because a second test showed that generating a Playlist on one will work on the other keyboard as long as it is stored on the USB stick.
Thanks again!