Author Topic: Genos and Korg Liverpool arranger keyboard  (Read 2062 times)

Offline MIKEP

Genos and Korg Liverpool arranger keyboard
« on: April 06, 2022, 09:41:41 AM »
Hi
I would be grateful if someone could help me with two questions please:
1) How do I get the Korg to sound through the Genos speakers? I have tried running a lead from Korg output to Genos without success.
2) How do I midi the keyboards so that I can control the Korg through the Genos. Again I have tried midi out on Genos to midi In on Korg and played about with the midi settings but to no avail.
Thank you.
Mike

Offline casiokid

Re: Genos and Korg Liverpool arranger keyboard
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 12:59:56 PM »
Does the Korg have a 5-Pin DIN Midi Out socket or USB -B ?  If the latter you will need a Midi Host Unit (like the Kenton MkII or MkIII) to route to the Genos, which will also need to be connected to the Host unit via a standard 5-Pin DIN Midi  cable

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 01:20:31 PM »
conventional midi sockets In and Out

Offline casiokid

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 02:45:02 PM »
Then just connect the Korg to the Genos with a Midi cable.  Select Local Off on the Korg to receive RH Ch1, RH Ch2 etc... selectable on the Genos

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 09:05:14 PM »
Hi  Casiokid
Still struggling on this one
Mike

Offline casiokid

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 08:22:52 AM »
If you've connected Midi Out on Korg to one of the Midi In sockets on the genos you are correctly connected. As I don't own a Genos I can only think that you now need to select the Midi Ch you want on the Genos?

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 10:33:53 AM »
If you want to control another keyboard from Genos, then use a standard MIDI cable to connect Genos MIDI OUT to the other keyboard MIDI IN

On the Genos MIDI settings page, make sure the panel parts (R1, R2, R3) are assigned to different MIDI channels and have Transmit ON and local control OFF (Otherwise you'll also play the Genos voice)

On the other keyboard MIDI settings, make sure the relevant internal voice parts are set to Receive on the the same MIDI channels as the Genos is outputting.

Finally use standard audio jack cables to connect the other keyboard AUDIO OUT L/R to the Genos AUX IN L/R. Use page 2 of the Mixer (Panel) on the Genos to set the AUX volume properly.

If you then activate say part R1 on the Genos, it should play the voice on the Korg that you assigned to the channel. Same for R2 / R3. You can mix and match whether the part is playing Genos only, Korg only, or even both.

Perhaps you can post a little more detail on what you're struggling with. It is the overall concept, or is something not working.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 10:36:36 AM by DerekA »
Genos

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 01:05:31 PM »
Thank you Derek for the detailed explanation. This is helpful. I will keep you posted.
Mike

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2022, 04:58:30 PM »
Just an update on my initial question. I now have the Genos playing the sounds of the Korg Liverpool. Things changed when I used a different midi lead. The first one was faulty.
My next problem to solve is how to control the 4 style variations on the Korg direct from the Genos.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mike