Author Topic: Playlist Again  (Read 1389 times)

Mike_Fox

Playlist Again
« on: April 04, 2022, 03:51:42 PM »
Is it possible to edit/change the instrument that is in a playlist, for example, I load a song from the playlist but I would like a different guitar sound than the one that is in the existing song?
any advice is truly grateful
Thank you

Offline ckobu

Re: Playlist Again
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 04:05:45 PM »
It is possible, but you cannot change the instrument directly in the playlist. You must change the instrument on the Registration that is currently active.
Watch my video channel

Mike_Fox

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 04:41:25 PM »
Hi, thanks for the reply, i am not trying to change the lead instrument (right hand playing) but one of the instruments that is in the style/song accomplishment, theres normally about 4/5 different instruments including rhythms in the song.
Hope this helps :)

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 05:25:30 PM »
Yes, you can do this using the arranger keyboard's onboard Style Creator program. It takes a bit of work, and the style file must be saved to a new/user name and corrected in the play list.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 06:18:19 PM »
For additional Info:
In my case with DGX670 I can make changes to the voices used in style parts but on DGX they have to be saved as registration (RGT.
Previously with other Yamaha arrangers it's as TravelEasy stated changes can be saved as USER Style which I was used to doing and I think was better.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 06:20:51 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Mike_Fox

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 10:36:14 AM »
Thank you both, i will try it later today :)

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 11:31:22 AM »
Hi Mike,

You don't necessarily have to change the Style (as suggested by Gary). You can also save any changes you make in the Mixer (both to the Keyboard voices and the Style voices) directly to Registrations (as mentioned by ckobu).

So go to the "Style" tab in the Mixer, change the voice for the desired Style part (channel), adjust the volume and re-memorize the current registration by pressing Memory and then pressing the current registration button again. If necessary, repeat this for further registrations of this bank. Finally, the registration bank must be saved again. You should not change the file name, otherwise this bank would no longer be found by the existing playlist.

Important: After pressing Memory, please make sure that the necessary boxes are ticked or that no boxes are ticked for parameters that you do NOT want to memorize in the registration (e.g. pedal or assignable buttons). The following boxes should at least be ticked for Style registrations: Voice, Tempo, Style, Multi Pad and Keyboard Harmony/Arpeggio (!).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Divemaster

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 11:50:21 AM »
Really interesting posts here on this subject. thanks to you all.