Author Topic: Registration problem  (Read 3380 times)

Ning

Registration problem
« on: April 04, 2022, 07:50:40 AM »
Hello
I have 4-5 registrations where the sound or rythm is not loaded probably, i have to press the reg 1 button a couple of times before it works, i forget it sometimes and start play and i have to stop again, and it is awfull when people are dancing.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
Regards Henning.

Offline acparker

Re: Registration problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 11:11:24 AM »
On the Genos, i have found that styles that have an audio component take longer to load.  I'm betting that's your problem.  I would suggest a delay between loading the registration and starting to play.  Maybe a quick talk to the audience? Or switch out the style for one that doesn't use audio?

Adam

Ning

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 01:18:12 PM »
Thanks for the answer, but i dont use audio styles
regards Henning

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 02:20:18 PM »
Does this happen only with user styles, or all styles?

If it’s a user style, it’s possible to take a a couple of seconds to load if it’s on a slow device, or there are a lot of files in the folder.

To improve the loading time:
1. Put the style on a faster device, like the User drive
2. Ensure the folder the style is in has less than 250 files in it (that’s all files, not just style files)

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Ning

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 03:34:05 PM »
it's on internal styles also.
Maybe i should try to make a new registration from scratch
Regards Henning

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 05:29:41 PM »
it's on internal styles also.
Maybe i should try to make a new registration from scratch
Regards Henning

Are you loading any midi files?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Ning

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 06:19:28 PM »
No only styles

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 06:20:08 PM »
No only styles

You should post the registration so we can take a look at it. It should not operate the way you describe.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 08:28:40 PM »
Hello
I have 4-5 registrations where the sound or rythm is not loaded probably, i have to press the reg 1 button a couple of times before it works, i forget it sometimes and start play and i have to stop again, and it is awfull when people are dancing.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
Regards Henning.

Hi Henning,

Even if you don't usually play with MIDI files: Could it be that you "accidentally" memorized a MIDI file in the relevant registrations?

So please check whether a MIDI file is loaded when calling up registration #1 of the faulty registration banks. If so, then this MIDI file probably contains so-called Keyboard Voice Meta Events, which are loaded when the Reg button #1 is pressed for the first time. The keyboard voices you programmed will then only be loaded when you press the Reg button a second time.

However, Keyboard Voice Events in MIDI files do not affect the correct loading of Styles via registrations.

I recommend that you memorize the registrations in question again (and then save the bank again) and make sure that all the necessary checkboxes are ticked, at least Voice, Tempo, Style, Multi Pad and Keyboard Harmony/Arpeggio. (The latter should be ticked even if Keyboard Harmony or Arpeggio are NOT used, in order for those functions to be turned OFF by the Registration if they were previously ON.) I would NOT tick the “MIDI Song” and “Audio Song ” boxes for pure Style registrations.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 08:30:05 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)