Author Topic: Saving stuff, General question PSR A5000  (Read 7429 times)

Saving stuff, General question PSR A5000
« on: April 04, 2022, 05:33:48 AM »
Hi All,

I'm new here and to Yamaha, made the change from Korg to Yamaha after 25 years.  I love the keyboard I got PSR A5000 but I'm a little frustrated that I can't find any information on this question and I can't somehow understand the way Yamaha saves stuff.  I am hoping you guys can shed some light.  I understand a little about OTS and Registration and how to save to them.  With Korg we could save some or a lot of stuff globally, can we do that with Yamaha?  For example, Scale Tuning default setting doesn't have "Style" and "Lower" checked.  Let's say I always want "style" to be included, how do I save that One time forever, no matter what?  Another item, is Pedal 1 and 2 or Live Control, these are settings I want to set one time and never change.  Also, Multi-pads for each style.  It seems when I choose one multi-pad, every style I chose has that multi-pad, shouldn't it have it's own?  sorry if these are stupid question, but I need somehow clarity on how stuff is save.  Please help

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Saving stuff, General question PSR A5000
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 05:32:37 PM »
Yes, you can save any style to a registration, however, the multi-pad is attached to the style, thus it cannot be saved separately. Consequently, each time you select a new variation, the default multi-pad would pop up. The only way I know of to change this is to use the keyboard's onboard style creator program, then rename the style to a new/user name, thereby attaching a new multi-pad to the style.

Hope this helps,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 06:18:57 PM »
Yes, you can save any style to a registration, however, the multi-pad is attached to the style, thus it cannot be saved separately. Consequently, each time you select a new variation, the default multi-pad would pop up. The only way I know of to change this is to use the keyboard's onboard style creator program, then rename the style to a new/user name, thereby attaching a new multi-pad to the style.

While styles have a default multipad, you can override it. Just load the style, select another multipad, then memorize the registration ensuring the appropriate boxes are checked in the save.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 09:29:05 PM »
Fred, that method works fine, just as long as the player remains in the same variation. However, if the player selects another variation, the multi-pad would revert to the default multi-pad as soon as the new variation is selected. The only workaround with this technique is to create a number of registrations for each variation of the style and reselect and save the updated multi-pad in each of the four registrations.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 01:48:13 AM »
Fred, that method works fine, just as long as the player remains in the same variation. However, if the player selects another variation, the multi-pad would revert to the default multi-pad as soon as the new variation is selected. The only workaround with this technique is to create a number of registrations for each variation of the style and reselect and save the updated multi-pad in each of the four registrations.

One reason why I always use registrations to change variations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 07:40:29 PM »
Thanks guys.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 07:01:51 AM »
I need a little more help please.  So I have learned how to use the registration and it has help but still missing something.

Here is what i've done:
1. Picked my style
2. changed the multi-pad
3. selected voices
4. changed my live control setting

save them all in registration

turn the keyboard off and next day

1. style is good
2. multi-pad is reverted to the old pad
3. voices are good
4. live controls are reverted to the old pad

for 2 and 4, how do save them?  I have the Live Control checked in the page when you click on memory too.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 08:13:52 PM »
Unfortunately, the only way you can change the default multipad is to use the keyboard's onboard style creator program, then save the style with a new name to your user area or USB drive.

You CANNOT do this with a registration. Yes, even when you place a tick in the Multipad box, it is not saved as default, therefore as soon as you change variation, select a new OTS voice, etc..., the multipad will revert to the default multipad attached to the original style.

Hope this clears things up for you,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 12:52:20 AM »
I'm clear about the multi pads, what about the live controls?

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2022, 04:40:58 PM »
Once you have created the user file with a newly assigned multi-pad, the live controls, OTS, variations, etc.., will all work just fine.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 02:31:47 AM »
Gary,

I appreciate you helping me.  I have everything figured out but the only thing that keep changing is the Live Controls.  For some reason after I turn the keyboard off, only the live controls revert back to original, even though I save the registration file.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2022, 02:05:43 PM »
Have you created a new style file using Style Creator? Once you have created the new style file, you must then save it to the registration and overwrite the existing registration.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2022, 03:20:22 PM »
I appreciate you helping me.  I have everything figured out but the only thing that keep changing is the Live Controls.  For some reason after I turn the keyboard off, only the live controls revert back to original, even though I save the registration file.

Amir,

The registration should be able to save Live Control settings.

Are you on the latest version of the OS (2.11)? If not, you should upgrade to it. But if you are, upload your registration so we can take a look at it, and help you out with it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 05:36:56 AM »
Thank you guys.  somehow I have figured it out and it's working the way it should. 

Offline brucerez

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 07:36:49 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new here and to Yamaha, made the change from Korg to Yamaha after 25 years.  I love the keyboard I got PSR A5000 but I'm a little frustrated that I can't find any information on this question and I can't somehow understand the way Yamaha saves stuff.  I am hoping you guys can shed some light.  I understand a little about OTS and Registration and how to save to them.  With Korg we could save some or a lot of stuff globally, can we do that with Yamaha?  For example, Scale Tuning default setting doesn't have "Style" and "Lower" checked.  Let's say I always want "style" to be included, how do I save that One time forever, no matter what?  Another item, is Pedal 1 and 2 or Live Control, these are settings I want to set one time and never change.  Also, Multi-pads for each style.  It seems when I choose one multi-pad, every style I chose has that multi-pad, shouldn't it have it's own?  sorry if these are stupid question, but I need somehow clarity on how stuff is save.  Please help
Hi Amir,
Good to hear from you here, old good Korg's friend. :)
I got my PSR-A5000 too and I am learning how to set it up.
Hopefully we can help each other with other experts in this forum.