Author Topic: Issue keybed new PSR-A5000  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Dievas

Issue keybed new PSR-A5000
« on: April 03, 2022, 03:05:37 PM »
Hi folks and congrats for this great site.

I 've just recieved my new PSR-A5000. It sounds great but keybed has an issue that it's distracting me a lot when I use the keyboard.

The lower B key is out of place and missaligned in comparission to the rest of the keys

Has anybody here the same problem in his A5000 or SX900?

Also, it's something easy to repair by myself? There are no more A5000 in stock in my local dealer. I would like to keep this one.

Regards.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 12:49:54 PM by Dievas »

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Issue keybed new PSR-A5000
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 06:06:09 PM »
Send it back for a replacement.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Dievas

Offline Dievas

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 09:50:43 PM »
Thanks for you reply Gary.

They don't have stock for the next months.

Do any of you know if it can be easily repaired?

vadesriux

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 10:55:26 AM »
Hi Dievas.

The keybed on your A5000 is exactly the same as the keybed on the SX700/900. So, like many of us users of those keyboards have already said in this forum, the quality of these new FSB keybeds is clearly inferior, meaning below Yamaha usual quality standards. Like so there´s no surprise to find all these "quality control" defects and issues.

My SX900 has several white and black keys that make strange noises when pressed, they "squick" a lot for a keyboard on this price range.

I remember when I had a Yamaha AN1x - which was a 1990 middle of the range Yamaha synthesizer -, the keybed on that keyboard was simply awesome build wise. A light touch keybed but perfectly aligned (not up and down positioned keys like yours...) and with no "parasite" sounds at all. Nowadays the quality has gone way down and we pay just as much as we did at that time. No excuses then... and Yamaha should know better when they released this family of arrangers. They are awesome overall but totally flawed keybed wise.

In your case there is no way for you to fix this outside of Yamaha repair service or you will void the warranty. Just wait until you can ask for a replacement / repair directly from Yamaha.

Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 02:19:41 PM »
I wouldn't wait for it. I'd send it back under guarantee and claim a refund. It's clearly not of the quality you'd expect.

Offline metcam

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 07:07:10 PM »

Hi

I have A-5000 and no problems at all.

Regards.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Misu

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 07:11:27 AM »
Hi,

Looking to your pictures I realize that is not only B, but also A.
Something wrong happen there with your keyboard.
Is not an issue of all A5000 (or PSR) with FSB keys.
If is something broken it is possible to don't be fixed on warranty so,
go to the service to see the problem (without loose the warranty) and after decide what to do.

Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline Dievas

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 04:57:03 PM »
Thank you very much everyone for your answers. The truth is that I was surprised by the sound quality of this A5000. I really like how it sounds despite this quality issue.

As I am a restless person and have some experience after 35 years using synths, I have studied various youtube videos of people opening the SX900 and A5000 and have decided to investigate myself the cause of the problem. I don't want to return this keyboard and have to wait months again for it to be in stock. This was clear to me. Either a mounting fault or the key was heat warped or whatever.

It's easy to open and I haven't had to desolder any wires to isolate the keybed. Just pull a connector and set aside a cable route. I have done the process by very carefully disassembling the screws because they are very small and taking photos of each step to reassemble it exactly as it was.

The cause of the problem is what I suspected and I have seen it right away. The worker forgot the screw that holds the B low and adjacent key. It's a human error and I have nothing against it. What seems absolutely inadmissible to me is that in the final quality control of Yamaha Indonesia they let a 2,000 euro keyboard pass with a key like this.
Fortunately, the screw is the same as the ones used to close the case and I have been able to add it without any problem. I have already ordered the missing screw from amazon to complete the closing of the instrument, although this is not important since it has many closing screws.

Happy ending despite everything. The keyboard is perfect now and I'm going to enjoy it a lot.
Greetings.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 12:49:24 PM by Dievas »

The following users thanked this post: overover

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 05:20:50 PM »
Glad you were able to resolve your problem. Now, enjoy that wonderful keyboard and post some music for us to enjoy.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...