Author Topic: Legacy voices question ?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline tyros2009

Legacy voices question ?
« on: April 02, 2022, 11:05:38 PM »
I copy a number of custom styles from my Tyros3 to my Genos (because they sounds good and I am used to play them).
These styles , of course, use voices on Tyros3.
My question is:
1) on Genos, do these styles use Legacy voices of Genos ? or Genos simply replaces them with equivalent non -Legacy voices
2) do Legacy voices (piano, epiano, etc...) sound better on Genos compared to Tyros3 ?
    (pretty hard for me to tell as both sounds good).

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline acparker

Re: Legacy voices question ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 11:21:59 AM »
I'm not one hundred percent on this, because it was a few years ago that I made that very switch -- Tyros 3 --> Genos.  But I am pretty sure that the Genos changed the voices to something 'equivalent', and not the legacy voices.  In many cases, it wasn't a good choice.

I seem to recall having to look up what the style originally had, and then replace it with a Genos voice.  In my opinion, the Legacy voices sound about the same between the Genos and the T3, but the Genos voices sound much better.  So whenever possible, I would switch to a Genos Trumpet, Strings, or whatever.  To my ear, the drums were always better with a Genos kit.

Oh!  Btw, I don't know if your styles used 'MEGA' voices, but if they did, make sure you find a Mega voice of the same family to replace them -- Guitar with Guitar, etc.  The extra notes that trigger effects will sound pretty weird if used with a non-mega voice voice.

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Adam

Offline tyros2009

Re: Legacy voices question ?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 01:10:44 AM »
I figure this out. By selecting a few voices used by my custom styles, ported from T3 to Genos. I found these voices come from the Legacy voice folder. These voices sound much thicker than their equivalent on T3.
I assume these Legacy voices come from T5 which sounds much better than T3.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770