Author Topic: PSR-E373 HOW TO SAVE REGISTRATION MEMORY TO COMPUTER  (Read 3223 times)

KeyboardBob

PSR-E373 HOW TO SAVE REGISTRATION MEMORY TO COMPUTER
« on: March 31, 2022, 10:49:16 PM »
I would like to know if anyone knows how or even if it is possible to transfer the Voice and Style information stored in an E373 Memory location to my connected Windows 10 computer? On the higher end Yamaha keyboards this would be a Registration file and have an extension of .Reg which can be read and loaded into other Yamaha keyboards. There are a lot of videos on YT about loading styles and registering them in the E373 or how to save Voice or Style info into a memory location on the E373 but nothing about accessing that data or how to transfer an E373 style to your computer. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline casiokid

Re: PSR-E373 HOW TO SAVE REGISTRATION MEMORY TO COMPUTER
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 03:29:37 PM »
Just plug USB cable to your computer when E373 is switched off.  Boot up computer then switch on E373.  In Windows Explorer you will see under drive D all settings and files under E373 as a single file.  Copy and paste this file to the C hard drive or another USB stick.  You cannot separate out individual files, you have to save everything on block.

The E373 behaves like a single file USB stick itself

Switch off E373 and computer in reverse order
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:41:22 PM by casiokid »

KeyboardBob

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 04:24:23 PM »
Casiokid thanks very much for your detailed reply and explanation which I certainly will give a try.

KeyboardBob

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 09:41:25 PM »
In Windows 10 File Manager nothing showed for the E373 until I went into the Function Menu #059 Storage Mode and set it to On which resulted in File Manager displaying a drive for the EZ-373. When I double clicked this drive it displayed a EZ-373.bup file which supposedly contains Style and Registration information but which I determined from other posts online needs to be processed in a Hex Editor. As I am not familiar working with a Hex Editor and I couldn't find a lot online on how to extract the registration info contained within the .bup file, I am currently at an impasse as to how to proceed?

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 10:43:41 PM »
This software might be just what you’re looking for.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

KeyboardBob

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 06:20:05 AM »
Michael, thanks for your reply but unfortunately Registration Manager does not list the PSR-E373 as being a compatible keyboard supported by the software otherwise it seems to be exactly what I would be looking for.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
I think you need to accept that the e series keyboards don't allow you to easily get at the contents of the bup file. The contents are in a binary format which nobody has tried to crack yet.
Genos

KeyboardBob

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 02:49:09 PM »
DerekA thanks for your reply and yes I am also thinking that what I want to do is impossible on this keyboard.