Author Topic: Multi Recording - Step Edit (Chord Channel)  (Read 2086 times)

RcD_WB

Multi Recording - Step Edit (Chord Channel)
« on: March 27, 2022, 06:27:19 PM »
I did a recording of all the chords for a song, about 50 chords total, over about 40 bars (measures).
Then, I realized I had forgotten a few bars (with their chords), in several locations in the song.
When I tried to Insert these forgotten bars/chords, I ran into problems.

I created this simple 4 bar/4 chord sequence to illustrate the problem (see attached photos).
Let's say I wanted to Insert 1 bar (and its chord) BETWEEN the Am and the F chords (measures 002 and 003).
I want the F chord/bar and the G chord/bar to have their measures re-numbered to allow for the insertion of the 1 bar (measure).

If I move the cursor to measure 002, and then hit Insert button, the display shows a new line (with a copy of the Am chord).
But the measures 003,004 and 005 are not renumbered.
If I change the chord, at the newly inserted line (to DMaj), and also change its measure number to 002,
then move the cursor, the F chord measure is REPLACED by the D chord measure. NOT what I wanted.

How is this done properly?
So far, the only way I have come up with to fix this, is to manually renumber all the measures starting at the "END",
working backwards to the point where I want to insert a new measure. This is a substantial (and error prone) task to do
for a large number of bars (measures).

Any wisdom out there?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 06:41:03 PM by RcD_WB »

The following users thanked this post: ronieaz

Offline Wim NL

Re: Multi Recording - Step Edit (Chord Channel)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 06:34:29 AM »
Just use multi select.
Go to the end start multi select to the beginning of your selection.
Move the bar 1 up.
You can multi select also to raise or lower chords etc...
Best Regards,
Wim

RcD_WB

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 03:52:29 PM »
Thanks Wim for the hint.
Using the Multi-Select, I was able to perform the revision, but it still takes a lot of steps.

Starting with my initial 4 chord sequence (shown in my post of Mar. 27), I had to do the following...
  Move cursor to "End" line.
  Using Multi-Select, select the last 3 lines (measures 005,004 and 003).
  Press "Cut": this removed measures 003 and 004, leaving "End" at measure 005.
  Move cursor up 1 line, to measure 002 (the Am chord).
  Press "Insert": This creates a new line, which is a copy of measure 002.
  Move cursor to beginning of the new line, and change the measure number to 003.
  Press "D" chord on keyboard, this changes the chord at this new line.
  Move cursor down 1 line (to the "End" line) and change the measure number to 004.
  Press "Paste": This takes the lines that were "Cut" above, and places them at the End.
  Move cursor to "End" line and renumber the measure to 006.

I have screen shots for all these steps, but there's a limit on how many images can be posted.
It worked, but is still a lot of effort.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 04:05:24 PM by RcD_WB »

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 02:07:00 PM »
May be you might be handy to do this on PC.
The newer keyboards are not supported.
But making changes  and save the steprecord song should work.

With Mixmaster version 4.6.6 : https://app.box.com/s/j5zlq3g3t2v0wmqij0xre539ql748bcw

Open the style in Mixmaster 4.6.6
Open steprec. menu.     
Make your changes save the song.

Best Regards,
Wim

Offline ronieaz

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 01:01:09 AM »
Hello WimNL and RcDWB,
When I recorded a four bar section on my SX900 I only am seeing the first C chord in the list.  I only get measure 1 and then 3 is End.  The song section has several bars and changes simply from C to F to C to G to C again. 
I regularly used StepEdit on the two Korgs I owned to correct chord errors.  It was very useful and easy to do in StepEdit mode.  When I saw my new SX900 had StepEdit, I was happy, but have not been able to make any corrections. 
Is my problem the result of only songs created using StepEdit are editable?  My song was recorded using MultiRecording.
I have been referring to the ReferenceManual, page 77, 83, 84. 

Ron in Oregon

Offline Bluesguy

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 11:00:51 PM »
Anyone?  Trying to figure this out too.

I recorded the two verses to a song.  They repeat three times.  I would like to copy all tracks of the two verses and place two copies at the end and then record an ending to it.  Can't figure out a way to do that to just copy and paste the measures.