Author Topic: PSR-SX700 Chord setting problem  (Read 2152 times)

Offline LeslieB

PSR-SX700 Chord setting problem
« on: March 24, 2022, 05:52:37 AM »
Hi, I have a problem, ive loaded music from an earlier arranger keyboards, these converted well but the settings for chord playing, which for me has to be either "Single Fingering" is automatically reset to normal chord playing whenever I select a tune to use the settings for harmony and voices I have to go into the "Split & Fingering" to reset to "Single Fingering". Is there any setting that would enable me to ock this feature out so that I dont have to carry out this change. Im 89 so a bit passed re-learning to play normal 3 finger chords, the keyboard is too small to use pointer chords that I previously used on two keyboard organs. Thanks for any assistance.

Offline mikf

Re: PSR-SX700 Chord setting problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 06:37:27 AM »
When you say you “loaded music” can you be more specific about what you mean. Did you load styles, midis, registrations …… What?
Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:51:30 AM »
Hi, I have a problem, ive loaded music from an earlier arranger keyboards, these converted well but the settings for chord playing, which for me has to be either "Single Fingering" is automatically reset to normal chord playing whenever I select a tune to use the settings for harmony and voices I have to go into the "Split & Fingering" to reset to "Single Fingering". Is there any setting that would enable me to ock this feature out so that I dont have to carry out this change. Im 89 so a bit passed re-learning to play normal 3 finger chords, the keyboard is too small to use pointer chords that I previously used on two keyboard organs. Thanks for any assistance.

Your problem is your registrations are setting Fingering and Split as they were told to do.

To stop them from doing som go to Parameter Lock (in menu) and check the boxes for Split point, and Fingering.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline LeslieB

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 07:13:34 AM »
Hi, It was a the complete music list that was from a PSR-s970, over a thousand tunes I think judging by the number that comes up when you search for a particular tune you want to play. Is this enough information?

Offline LeslieB

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 07:24:38 AM »
Thanks for that Fred, Ive reset that and Ill give it a try, it will be great if its fixed as I was contemplating banking my old SR975 to use for the chords.
(Saskatoon, I remeber it well). Kind regards. Leslie