Author Topic: Drum Setup  (Read 1088 times)

Mike_Fox

Drum Setup
« on: March 17, 2022, 02:25:01 PM »
Hi, I have looked in every possible onboard section there is on the 700, so I am either missing it (under a different name) or it doesnt exit, please help, this is so frustrating, I am trying to mute a part on a drum kit, for example, on some machines you can see every part that the kit comprises of, so when editing you can mute, add fx, adjust volume etc, on a single piece of the kit (not the whole kit) I cannot see this function on the 700, all i want to do is take out one sound on a certain kit that is annoying and shoud not really be there, i believe  it's a custom style, any advice would be truly appreciated  :'(
Thank you

Mike_Fox

Re: Drum Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 03:03:38 PM »
Ah Ha... I found it,  go into edit style, and then go into step edit, there are up and down arrows, every time you press down it will play a note that is part of the style, then when you see the note that is playing the annoying part, either delete that one note or select all the notes that are the same, ex if Ab is the note being shown that is playing the part, then select all Ab, click on delete, and that entire rhythm part will be deleted from the style, ... success
I will leave this here for future reference :) happy..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 03:51:23 PM by Mike_Fox »

Divemaster

Re: Drum Setup
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 03:13:15 PM »
Thanks Mike. That's helpful, as I too have found a number of styles where the drums are just overpowering
everything else. I hate drums in any style. They're not instruments, just childrens tantrum toys ! Horrid things.