Author Topic: Is it possible to display music sheets on the display?  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Christopher Fernandes

Is it possible to display music sheets on the display?
« on: March 12, 2022, 06:21:53 AM »
Hey everyone!

I think I'm getting ahead of myself here but is there any way to display music sheets on the built-in screen using PDF files or any software?

Current Instruments: Yamaha PSR-SX900/Epiphone DR100 AG

Gear: Yamaha KS-SW100 Subwoofer

Past Instruments: PSR-E413
Played: All Yamaha PSR-S, KORG PA700

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Is it possible to display music sheets on the display?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 06:00:34 PM »
I think I'm getting ahead of myself here but is there any way to display music sheets on the built-in screen using PDF files or any software?

The screen cannot display a PDF file.

It can display a score from a midi file, but most people find the display unsatisfactory. But you might want to try for yourself.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 07:25:39 PM »
It can display a score from a midi file, but most people find the display unsatisfactory. But you might want to try for yourself.
The PSR SX900 can be equipped with an external monitor via a USB to Hdmi adapter.
This way the score from the midi will be visible on the external (bigger) screen.
PSR SX600 and PSR SX700 do not have the possibility to connect an external monitor.

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 10:30:57 PM »
That would not be a pdf file. The most practical way to view pdf music scores on a screen would be on a tablet or laptop.
Mike

Offline ton37

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 08:54:26 AM »
As written above it is not possible. It also wouldnt be pracitcal as you needed the touch display for various functions. A extern display ( eg a 10 inch cheap tablet) on your musicstand with eg Mobilesheets Pro is the way to go instead.
My best regards,
Ton

Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 12:32:55 PM »
Mobilesheets pro as advised is a great way to access a big music collection.

I have a big collection of music in books, built up over many years, and probably even more on various discs and pdf type downloads downloads.

Using a laptop or pc monitor in easy view of the keyboard is a great way to help with playing and learning from like the PSR tuition sections. I have an old PC and 21" monitor that I use just for my music, running Windows 10, it cost me very little (£30 ) from an office clearance sale. there are plenty of good cheap units about if you look. You do NOT need a brand new laptop or pc to run most music programmes. Only the professionals can justify using that sort of software, or can even afford it, as some are extremely expensive.

I use a programme called SCAN SCORE. It's a German produced programme which allows the user to scan direct from printer and load any sheet music straight into Windows or Mac, and from there you can edit it read it transpose it, and even play it from within the programme just by hitting the play button in the programme, without using your keyboard. So it's completely standalone as far as playing goes.

It's NOT free, but it does come in various levels, so that if, for example you're only reading the music or composing for a single or a  few instruments, there are cheaper versions.  I have the ENSEMBLE version, because my wife is in a choir, and although our musical requirements are different, it's all music, and helps us a lot.

I've found it immensely useful, and it's worth a look.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 12:35:22 PM by Divemaster »

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 04:06:28 PM »
Unfortunately Mobilesheets does not support currently apple devices like Mac or iPad. They say that they are working on and IPad version, but no date for release.
Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »
Unfortunately Mobilesheets does not support currently apple devices like Mac or iPad. They say that they are working on and IPad version, but no date for release.
Mike

Songbook+ works on an iPad.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: rolijen

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 07:40:08 PM »
Hi

Convert pdf to bmp, e,g. using https://www.zamzar.com/

Then load the bmp following this procedure
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,51200.msg400558.html#msg400558

A bit akward... ::)

Regards
Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline RobertM

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 05:19:01 PM »
Hi Christopher,
I'd like to support using a tablet or folding laptop. Ever since I started downloading pdf EZ Play music from this site I've used a 10 inch tablet to display, file, index, and sort the songs. Some of the cheaper tablets don't have direct internet connectivity, but can usually be tethered by bluetooth or wifi. File transfer also possible with an OTG cable.
Makes page turning so easy too!
Robert.