Author Topic: Help 'Mobilesheets'  (Read 3922 times)

Offline alberto stazi

Help 'Mobilesheets'
« on: March 10, 2022, 05:02:09 PM »
... how to link a .RGT file to text in 'Mobilesheets'? ... thanks for the help

Offline reya

Re: Help 'Mobilesheets'
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 06:05:05 PM »
Alberto,

First (if you have not already done this) you need to let Mobilesheets know that you are using a Yamaha SX 600 (you are, aren't you?)
To do this, you go to Settings / MIDI Settings / MIDI Device type, and there you select 'Genos, PSR SX600/SX700/SX900'

Then for the linking:
Load the reg file on the keyboard, and press the reg button that contains the settings for the song.
Then select (long press) the corresponding text file in Mobilesheets. Once it is is selected, choose 'Edit song'. Once in the song editing screen, select the MIDI tab. Once in the MIDI tab, press the bottom icon at the right side of the screen. (it looks like a piece of a chain) This will establish the link. Finally press ok, to save the changes.

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 07:57:48 PM »
Thanks Reya, the software recognizes the sx600, for the rest I will do these tests. I'll let you know how it went. Soon  ;)

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 08:21:29 PM »
Dear Reya, I am posting the photos of the steps I have done, but on the MIDI card there is no icon in the bottom right in the shape of a chain ....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 08:47:18 PM »
Hi Alberto
look at this video

https://youtu.be/83KSbB5H-_8
Watch my video channel

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 09:21:55 PM »
thank you

Offline reya

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 09:28:53 PM »
If the chain icon is not showing, then the keyboard is probably not properly connected to the tablet ...

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 10:19:48 PM »
... ok Reya, I understand the problem ... my tablet does not allow MIDI transmission via the HUB socket, so there is no data transmission. Only archiving data is permitted via the USB socket. Thanks anyway for your intervention. Best wishes, Alberto

Offline reya

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 11:32:32 AM »
Alberto,

What type of cable are you using to connect both devices ?

On the SX 600 you need to connect the cable to the 'USB to host' connector, not the 'USB to device' connector.

Rudy

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 12:47:29 PM »
Hi Alberto,

Do you have an Android tablet or a Windows 10/11 tablet running MobileSheets?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 01:24:59 PM »
Yes, I plugged the USB cable into the HUB socket of the sx600. The tablet is Android, however I also installed the software on the PC and here, on the MIDI card, I see the chain icon. But when I click on it to insert the RGT file, a notification appears that I have to connect the keyboard .... here I stop because my acquaintances do not go further Thank you all for your patience, a handshake

Offline reya

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 03:26:19 PM »
Yes the chain icon on the Windows version of Mobilesheets is displayed even if the keyboard is not connected .... On Android, it is not.

Very strange you are having this problem, this should normally work!

Are you sure the usb cable you are using is ok ?

Rudy

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 04:30:52 PM »
Hi Reya. Yes, replacing the cable was the first thing. Maybe the sx600 midi should be set.
However, when the keyboard and the PC are connected, the PC notification sounds come out of the keyboard.

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 05:07:22 PM »
Yes, I plugged the USB cable into the HUB socket of the sx600. The tablet is Android, ...

Hi Alberto,

What do you mean by "HUB socket"? As already mentioned by Rudy, please note that you have to use the USB-to-HOST terminal of the SX600 (USB B), not the USB-to-Device terminal (USB A).

So you cannot use the charging cable of the Android tablet, but you have to use either a standard USB type "AB" cable ("printer cable") plus a suitable, so called "OTG" adapter cable (= USB A female to USB C / Micro USB, depending on the type of the USB terminal of the Android device), or you can use a special cable "USB B to USB C / Micro USB" if you don't want to use the mentioned "OTG" adapter cable.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 05:15:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 05:18:05 PM »
... this is the cable I use

Offline overover

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 05:27:47 PM »
... this is the cable I use

Yes, that's the USB type AB cable I mentioned. But how do you connect this cable to the Android device? Does the tablet have such a USB A terminal?

By the way, please make sure that one of the MIDI tempates "All Parts" or "KBD & STYLE" is activated on the SX600. In no case should "MIDI OFF" be set.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline ckobu

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 06:54:17 PM »
First of all, you need to check if the Android device is OTG compatible. Watch this video that describes the procedure.
https://youtu.be/AciyaBoTXhQ
When the device is not OTG compatible, the connection icon does not appear as Alberto showed in the second image.

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 08:30:58 PM »
I checked, my tablet is not OTG compatible, therefore, I pour myself on the portable PC...but as you have seen I also have serious problems ... too bad ... a warm greeting

Offline overover

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2022, 12:44:32 AM »
Hi Alberto,

What brand and model is your tablet and what Android version are you currently using?

Best regards,
Chris

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2022, 01:39:59 AM »
Hi Chris, the Android version is n ° 10

Offline overover

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 02:08:16 AM »
Hi Alberto,

According to a quick Google search, this tablet (Yestel x7) supports USB OTG. After you have connected the SX600 to the USB terminal of the tablet via the USB AB cable in conjunction with the appropriate OTG adapter cable, a message may appear on the tablet asking you to confirm MIDI use.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2022, 11:03:29 AM »
Hi Chris, it allows me to see the connection but it does not give me the possibility to choose the MIDI option .... too bad ... thanks for your interest, ... excluding the tablet and using the PC, while recognizing the MIDI, the software does not see the keyboard, so I deduce that the keyboard setting does not allow data transmission. For my part I have not changed any parameters because my knowledge is limited. Having said that, I resign myself and play a few sounds, thanks to you and to all the friends who have supported me, good day everyone

« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 11:34:56 AM by alberto stazi »

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2022, 02:42:58 PM »
Well ... I did it ... the sx600 communicates with the PC, everything ok !!! ... Thanks Chris and everyone who supported me :D

Offline reya

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2022, 02:58:38 PM »
Alberto,

That’s good news!

Would you mind sharing what you changed to get it to work.
Other people on this forum may benefit from that information.

Rudy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 03:00:32 PM by reya »

Offline alberto stazi

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2022, 03:16:10 PM »
Of course ... a very trivial thing ... I installed the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver. I thought I already installed it, but it wasn't like that ... afterwards, automatically, everything went well. The keyboard plays the MIDI songs that are on the PC, mobilesheets communicates with the sx600..etc ... etc ...! For the rest I will have to learn how to manage mobilesheets ... a little at a time I will also succeed in this. Again many thanks to everyone, Alberto  ;)