Author Topic: YAMAHA DGX670 NO ARPEGGIO FUNCTION  (Read 2469 times)

KeyboardBob

YAMAHA DGX670 NO ARPEGGIO FUNCTION
« on: March 08, 2022, 07:17:04 PM »
I finally received my DGX670 last week and have been enjoying getting acquainted with all of it's many features. I also have the PSR-EZ300 which has the Arpeggio feature which I really like, so I was disappointed when I discovered that this feature was not available on the DGX670. Since the feature is also available on the SX600 it was very surprising to me that it was not incorporated in the DGX670 as both keyboards seem to use the same type of hardware and operating system.

I believe that the DGX670 hardware can support the Arpeggio feature but Yamaha has chosen to disable this feature in their firmware because this would have made the keyboard to similar to the SX600 albeit at a lower price and the added benefit of a full eighty-eight keyboard.

I look forward to receiving your comments.

KeyboardBob

Offline Graham UK

Re: YAMAHA DGX670 NO ARPEGGIO FUNCTION
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 12:36:45 AM »
I have the DGX670 which is an excellent piano with good arranger features and a lovely feel key-bed.
If you want the bells & whistles you would buy a keyboard but you won't get the DGX670 new features...UNISON. ADAPTIVE & SIMPLE BUTTON.

For me the MENU system could have been better because one has to use a lot of button presses to make simple edits...Overall it's very good value.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 09:09:26 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670