Author Topic: Saving changes made to a midi file on Tyros5  (Read 2753 times)

akse0435

Saving changes made to a midi file on Tyros5
« on: March 05, 2022, 03:43:10 PM »
Hello,

When I'm working on a midi song on Tyros5, I sometimes like to change either the voice, pan or volume for each channel, as you ca do in the song-mixer, but I can't find out how to save the changes I've made. The channels revert back to the original voice, pan or volume as soon as I record something new to the file, and they certainly don't get saved if I just go into the drive and save the file the normal way, like I would do if I had just recorded something to the song.

So, how can I save the changes to the song I make in the mixer?

I know it has something to do with the song creator, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards:
Aksel Christoffersen
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 03:44:48 PM by akse0435 »

Offline EileenL

Re: Saving changes made to a midi file on Tyros5
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 04:11:37 PM »
These type of changes are best made in the song creator. Select the channel you want to alter and then go to edit and you will see the events list where you can change a voice Add panning Add reverb and effects and so one. One you have altered all your tracks then re-save your song.

akse0435

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 04:25:46 PM »
Thank you for the reply, but I need to be able to save the changes to voice, pan and volume that I make in the mixer. For example, I have a midi file with a channel that changes voice multible times throughout. If I change that channel's voice in the mixer, it will stay that way throughout the song, and I would want it that way. If I did it with event, I suppose I would have to delete all the various change-voice events.

I know that it's possible to save the changes when I've made them in the mixer, but I just don't can figure how to do it. I know a person that did it a long time ago, but can't remember how they did it. They said it might have something to do with going to the channel page in song-creator, then going down to setup, and then pressing execute, but I couldn't get it to work.

akse0435

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 04:51:06 PM »
Also, I forgot to write that I'm blind, so that's also partly why I would preffer to just save the changes made in the mixer.

akse0435

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 07:13:56 AM »
Problem resolved, I figured it out.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 04:46:06 PM »
I would like to know how you solved.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 10:11:00 PM »
So would I! We help each other here😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline emasters

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 12:00:34 AM »
So would I! We help each other here😀

In the Owner's Manual, bottom of page 93 "Save your Mixing Console Settings."  The thing that was confusing for me at first, was the fact that mixer setting are always "attached" to something else -- Registration, Style or Song.  Literally, the mixer settings are added to a registration/style/song file -- the mixer settings don't exist on their own.  And don't forget the step labeled "Execute" when saving mixer settings with a song - this is the step where the mixer settings are actually embedded into the song file.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 11:39:08 PM »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

akse0435

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 03:47:56 PM »
Hello,

I'm sorry I didn't write how I got it resolved, I just thought that nobody was interested in it really. In truth, there's not much to write. I just did as told, and it worked after a few tries. When I had made the changes to the song in the mixer that I wanted, I pressed creater, then [a] for song creator, then page right to go to the channel tab, then four times to get down to setup, and finally I press [d] to excecute, and then I can just save the midi-file the normal way.
As I'm blind, I can't tell you exactly what is happening on the screen during this process, but this is the way I do it.

Kind regards:
Aksel Christoffersen