Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Idea for Yamaha to have automatically more sustain on piano sounds

(1/12) > >>

bpsafran:
Hi Everyone:

Many complaints about the piano sound even on top of the line keyboards arise because arranger players are not pianists and do not use the sustain pedal properly.  The trick in sustaining the piano is to remove the sustain (move your foot off the pedal) in between chords but quickly put it back for the next chord.  This takes some practice.  I was thinking that when an arranger player plays chords (and/or styles) in the left hand and piano in the right, that the keyboard be programmed to automatically add sustain and remove it quickly and then add it again it when a chord change is detected.  This is not going to reproduce the pedaling of a piano virtuoso, but may help out the typical arranger player with their piano playing.  I think the programming should not be difficult and there can be a button to enable/disable this effect, since for fast songs one usually does not use the pedal.  Is there anyone here who can pass on this suggestion?

Regards

mikf:
I don’t think this would be practical or an improvement for a number of reasons. Pianists use the pedal in different ways depending on their individual style, and the music being played.
Mike

bpsafran:
I agree that this suggestion is most applicable to slower music.  But it should be applied by a button push and one can always not push the button to use the feature.

Toril S:
It could be a parameter in the panel sustain button.

Keyboard Master:
To Me That would be a Wonderful Idea. If Yamaha adds such a feature. That would make a whole lot of use. Espacially if you play while sitting on the bed or floor and/or didnt have enough room for a sustain pedal. That's an idea to submit to Yamaha too for futire products. I totally Agree with this idea. Thabk you for sharing.  ;D ;D ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version