Author Topic: Still a question about recording  (Read 2338 times)

M Osinga

Still a question about recording
« on: March 02, 2022, 09:02:59 AM »
Hello all

I would like to record songs, and then copy them to the usb stick to convert to mp3. I see on the keyboard that you have buttons on the left side of the tyros 4 to record and play, but these buttons are also on the right side. Which side should I use, and how can I copy the songs to the usb stick?

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Still a question about recording
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 09:48:43 AM »
I would like to record songs, and then copy them to the usb stick to convert to mp3. I see on the keyboard that you have buttons on the left side of the tyros 4 to record and play, but these buttons are also on the right side. Which side should I use, and how can I copy the songs to the usb stick?

The left side is for creating midi files, the right side is for audio files. If you want to create mp3s, you want to record an audio file.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 06:22:53 PM »
You can record in Midi First. This way you can adjust your volumes and panning. You can then record your midi into the Audio recorder and then save to a USB and convert to MP3.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 08:33:58 PM »
If you have saved your old music finder to the USB drive, you can reload it to the keyboard, however, for some strange reason, particularly if you have added to the MFD, and used some 3rd party styles, you will find many discrepancies. No one at Yamaha has ever been able to explain why this happens.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 03:18:38 PM »
Once you load a third party style into MF you must never move or delete that file.