Author Topic: Styles on Tyros2  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Carlos Martinez

Styles on Tyros2
« on: February 26, 2022, 04:44:50 PM »
Hi, can someone tell me how many Styles come with Tyros2 and how many more I can import. Thank you.

Online Graham UK

Re: Styles on Tyros2
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 05:47:06 PM »
Apart from the built in HD.
Put 3rd party styles onto USB and they will play...there is no limit.
DGX670

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 05:59:32 PM »
If I remember correctly Tyros 2 comes with 405 styles. But as Graham said, the number is unlimited if you use a USB stick. The user memory of Tyros is small. There was an optional harddrive for it. Check if this is installed.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 06:05:24 PM »
Hi, can someone tell me how many Styles come with Tyros2 and how many more I can import. Thank you.

Hi Carlos,

The Tyros2 contains 400 preset styles (357 Pro styles, 43 Session styles). You can save a virtually unlimited number of styles on the internal hard drive (if one is installed) and on USB sticks.

It is important to know that the Tyros2 only supports SFF1 styles. Styles from/for newer models (from Tyros3/PSR-S910) that are in SFF2 (= SFF GE) format must first be converted to SFF1 format before they can be used on the Tyros2. (Certain style parameters that are not yet supported by the SFF1 format are lost during this conversion. Many voices and effects used in newer styles are also not yet available on the Tyros2. Therefore, these converted styles will mostly need to be edited manually.).

By the way, the Tyros2's internal User drive is only about 3.2 MB (megabytes). Therefore you should only use the User drive as a "workbench" for temporary storage while editing Styles/MIDI files or for storing frequently used Registration Bank files and/or User Voice files (that are very small). You should save all other files on the internal hard drive and/or on USB sticks.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 06:10:58 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Carlos Martinez

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 04:30:22 AM »
Thank you all.  This is my first keyboard and I'm trying to learn the meaning of the new vocabulary for me such as styles/voices/registration, etc.  I am in the process of reading the manual and hope to be able to determine if mine has a built-in hard drive.  If it doesn't, can I install a 1 TB drive in it since they are so small? Thanks

Offline MikeS

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 04:53:49 AM »
Max drive is around 120GB IDE, see my responses at link below, it contains links on how to install HDD and more RAM. HDD and RAM are from 2005 or before, you have to use very specific hardware, modern equipment cannot be used.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,62327.msg476939/topicseen.html#msg476939