Author Topic: Tyros 2 wierd problem.Please help.  (Read 2198 times)

shaky

Tyros 2 wierd problem.Please help.
« on: February 24, 2022, 09:38:51 PM »
Hello , I have a Tyros 2 keyboard , all buttons and lights are working but there iis no sound.I check Utilites-Headphone-Speakers.They are on but no sound from line or nor headphones.The Led on top left corner "Over" near "Signal" is always red.But there are no microphones connected.The keyboard loads in 30 seconds now after I make the 1.3 firmware update.Does anyone have the old firmware may be I should try old firmware again ? Any suggestions ?

Offline Toril S

Re: Tyros 2 wierd problem.Please help.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 11:17:26 PM »
You cannot install the old firmware again, but you can perform a soft reset on your Tyros. You do that by holding down the rightmost white key wyile powering on the instrument. Check first that there is no plug in the headphone socket, many of us have forgotten to take out an adapter from the headphones socket and wondered why there was no sound :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

Re: Tyros 2 wierd problem.Please help.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 07:45:07 AM »
Hello , I have a Tyros 2 keyboard , all buttons and lights are working but there iis no sound.I check Utilites-Headphone-Speakers.They are on but no sound from line or nor headphones.The Led on top left corner "Over" near "Signal" is always red.But there are no microphones connected.The keyboard loads in 30 seconds now after I make the 1.3 firmware update.Does anyone have the old firmware may be I should try old firmware again ? Any suggestions ?

Hi shaky,

Regarding the solid MIC "OVER" LED: Please make sure the MIC / LINE IN TRIM control on the back of the Tyros2 is turned all the way down (turned fully counterclockwise).

The current Tyros2 firmware is V1.31. If you currently have a lower version installed, please install V1.31 first.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/31543_en.html

Make sure there is no "forgotten" adapter in the headphone jack (as mentioned by Toril) and that the Speaker setting in "Function > Utility > Config2 > Speaker" is not set to OFF (set it to ON or HEADPHONE SW). However, as far as I know, with the Tyros2 this only affects the 8-pin terminal connected to the subwoofer of the Tyros2 speaker system, not the LINE OUT MAIN jacks. If you are using the Tyros2 Speaker System (TRS-MS02), the special cable to the subwoofer may be defective. Please also check with headphones.

In addition to the LINE OUT MAIN jacks, also check the AUX OUT jacks. Make sure NO cables are connected to the LINE OUT SUB jacks. Also make sure that no other cables are connected initially (e.g. pedals, MIDI / USB cables).

Open the MIDI display (Function > MIDI) and make sure the preset MIDI template "All Parts" is activated. (This is important to ensure that "LOCAL CONTROL OFF" is not accidentally set.) To be safe, first select any other template, then "All Parts" and then close the MIDI display by pressing the EXIT button.

If all this does not bring success, I recommend installing firmware V1.31 again. There is no harm in doing this.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 08:00:04 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)