Author Topic: GENOS with L1 PRO8  (Read 1467 times)

Offline JohnH

GENOS with L1 PRO8
« on: February 23, 2022, 05:07:43 PM »
My ---B FLAT-- key on the bass (left hand) has a hum sound, i don't like it--no other notes do that---started with the L1 Pro8  I have the Genos-- what's the fix ???  THANKS !!----------------John :P

Re: GENOS with L1 PRO8
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 06:44:27 PM »
I have two Bose, L1 Pro 8 speakers, John. Can you give us more information? It's highly unlikely there is anything wrong with the speakers or Genos; although it's not impossible.

The Bose Pro 8s are very dynamic and clear. Is it possible there is something in the room that is resonating at that frequency? If you think not, listen to the note under headphones or different speakers. Sound is a VERY tricky monster ;D. You have to find the source of the problem before a remedy can be found. Keep us posted.

- Lee
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline andyg

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 07:11:20 PM »
Bb is approximately 60Hz, that's US mains frequency. Do you have something like a ground loop?
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 08:12:45 PM »
Good point, Andy!

To solve the problem John (assuming Andy's correct), plug the Genos and all external sound equipment into the same circuit. Using two different circuits can set up a situation where the ground of one circuit finds an easier path, which could be through your Bose.

(Unlike politicians world-wide, electricity can make a decision ;D ;D ;D!)
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline JohnH

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 09:01:41 PM »
LEE---I tried all  your suggestions----i wear hearing aids which always complicates everything--using head phones, same results--what it is --it's the style---it shows up poor on --country swing ballad---i seem to be good on all the other styles i use----i had a bose lt1 compact for 10 years-- now this pro8 really produces some outstanding sounds---I've been tweaking my usb to the pro8--i like a strong, loud bass, so that's why I'm hearing that like a hum---under certain styles---LEE what  do you use for  master EQ & Compressor settings ??  i use Robinez settings  what's your recipe ??   THANKS GUYS---much appreciated !!-----John

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 09:45:18 PM »
Hi John,

I had a pair of Compacts for almost 10 years. They were great speakers. For larger shows, I needed to add a 15 inch sub for adequate bass. Between that and the fact my Compacts were getting old, I decided to approach the warden (wife) to see about upgrading to the Pro 8s. I'm so glad she grit her teeth and said, "If you have to!"

I created a few Master EQ settings but always found the Yamaha factory settings to be best. I've never touched the Compressor settings. I suggest you use the Flat Master EQ setting (or whatever Yamaha calls the default setting - my Genos is off at the moment) for now and see if the hum goes away.

With what Voice patch are you hearing the hum? Have you tried a different Voice? Can you record it and post it? We'll get you sorted out on this ;).

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 09:51:03 PM by Lee Batchelor »