Author Topic: Problem loading Styles & Reg's from Styles-24.com  (Read 2555 times)

Offline voytek

Problem loading Styles & Reg's from Styles-24.com
« on: February 22, 2022, 11:18:00 AM »
Hi

I am a newbie here and Tyros 5. I have just purchased a file with Style, Registration and Midi for a song from Styles-24.com. There instruction state that the Style (.sty) file has to be placed in a new file named -styles-24 on the root of the hard drive on my Tyros 5. I have checked the manual and online and cannot see where or how to get to the root and do this. I have attached the instructions. Has anybody used Styles and Regs from this company and can anyone help please. Many thanks in advance. Voytek

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Problem loading Styles & Reg's from Styles-24.com
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 12:59:36 PM »
Hi

I am a newbie here and Tyros 5. I have just purchased a file with Style, Registration and Midi for a song from Styles-24.com. There instruction state that the Style (.sty) file has to be placed in a new file named -styles-24 on the root of the hard drive on my Tyros 5. I have checked the manual and online and cannot see where or how to get to the root and do this. I have attached the instructions. Has anybody used Styles and Regs from this company and can anyone help please. Many thanks in advance. Voytek

Not a new file, but a folder.

Simply create the folder on your hard drive using the New Folder icon.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: voytek

Offline voytek

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 01:18:33 PM »
Thank you Fred

How do I get to the root of the hard drive please

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 01:22:37 PM »
You need to select the "HD" tab, then - if it's there - keep pressing the "Up" button (which is 8^ below the screen) till you can't go any further.

Create the new folder called -Styles-24 there. The HD is the "E" drive, so this creates the folder E:\-Styles-24

Then copy the style into there.

The reason for doing this is that the registration file contains a pointer to the style file, which it expects to find in E:\-Styles-24. So if the style is anywhere else, the registration will not find it.
Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 01:25:26 PM »
Thank you Fred

How do I get to the root of the hard drive please

The "root" simply means a top level folder. It’s one that’s not a subfolder. Navigate to your hard drive, and press the up icon until you can’t go up any further (at which point the icon will be greyed out).

This is a common computer term. It’s not unique to Yamaha keyboards. If you’re still having trouble with the concept, you need to Google the term.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline voytek

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 04:09:59 PM »
Thanks again Fred and thank you DerekA