Author Topic: Correcting dates on quick recordings...  (Read 1344 times)

Digital Gee

Correcting dates on quick recordings...
« on: February 21, 2022, 06:53:14 PM »
I've just noticed that my SX900 is using a very old date when I make a quick recording on my thumb drive. It shows the correct date when I add styles acquired on the web but when I make a recording it's dated 2019. How do I fix this? 

Also, is there a way to delete a recording from my thumb drive while it's still in the Yamaha?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 06:54:16 PM by Digital Gee »

Offline ronieaz

Re: Correcting dates on quick recordings...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 02:43:29 PM »
Same issue on my psrs775.  Good luck to us.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 04:04:20 PM »
I've just noticed that my SX900 is using a very old date when I make a quick recording on my thumb drive. It shows the correct date when I add styles acquired on the web but when I make a recording it's dated 2019. How do I fix this?  ...

Hi Digital Gee,

Please read page 128 ("Making the Time Settings") in the SX900 Reference Manual (file version "b0" for Firmware version 1.10).

If you don't have the manuals for the new version 1.10 yet, you can download them here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

When the SX900 is connected to the local Wi-Fi router via the (optional) Yamaha USB Wi-Fi adapter "UD-WL01" in "Infrastructure Mode", the date/time are set automatically.

Originally, as far as I know, the "Time" display was only available when there was a Wi-Fi connection to the local router. This may have changed in the meantime. Please try whether the "Time" item is displayed in the menu even without an existing Wi-Fi connection.

Note: If the instrument is not connected to the mains for several days, it may "forget" the date/time setting. This is because the internal clock has no battery, but is powered by a so-called "super capacitor".

... Also, is there a way to delete a recording from my thumb drive while it's still in the Yamaha?

You may not be able to delete the wave file currently loaded in the SX900 Audio Player. Then simply load ANOTHER Audio file, then you should definitely be able to delete the previous one.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 04:13:26 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck, ton37

Offline ton37

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 04:09:31 PM »
(posted the same time)

As usual, it is already well explained by Chris!

(Chris, I appreciate that you always taking the time to share your knowledge with us! )

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 04:16:01 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Digital Gee

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 08:16:57 PM »
(posted the same time)

As usual, it is already well explained by Chris!

(Chris, I appreciate that you always taking the time to share your knowledge with us! )

I'll second that comment. And not just for Chris, but all of you who help out us newbies!