Author Topic: Saving MIDI Template  (Read 1210 times)

Offline gd47

Saving MIDI Template
« on: February 18, 2022, 02:05:10 PM »
For some reason, I can’t seem to save any midi template (or create one)!
Tried many times but to no avail.
Could anyone please help by suggesting where I’m going wrong?
Many thanks in advance,
George.

Offline overover

Re: Saving MIDI Template
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 01:00:58 AM »
Hi George,

In the current Genos firmware V2.10 there is a small bug regarding the saving of MIDI templates. This may also affect the current SX900/700 firmware V1.10.

If saving via the "Save" icon directly to the right of the name box in the MIDI display doesn't work, just touch the name of the currently loaded template (to open the File Selection display). Here touch the "File" icon and then "Save". It should definitely work that way.

Also see the following thread on this topic:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,62223.msg476337.html#msg476337

By the way, as is well known, Preset MIDI templates cannot be overwritten, so you always have to save modified templates in the User drive. Note: A maximum of 10 User MIDI templates can be saved. If you need more, you can export the current MIDI Setup file (.msu) in "Utility > Factory Reset/Backup" (to the User drive or to a USB stick) and import it again later if necessary.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline gd47

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 02:31:51 AM »
Hi Chris,
Many thanks for your excellent help and advice…absolutely first-class as usual!
I’m glad that it’s a firmware issue and not something I’ve failed to do (or not do!).
After carrying out a factory reset on the midi settings I was able to follow the steps you suggested and managed to successfully save the midi template.
Once again, many thanks for your invaluable help, without which I would have been completely stuck.
Kind regards,
George.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 09:29:27 AM »
Hi Chris,
Many thanks for your excellent help and advice…absolutely first-class as usual!
I’m glad that it’s a firmware issue and not something I’ve failed to do (or not do!).
After carrying out a factory reset on the midi settings I was able to follow the steps you suggested and managed to successfully save the midi template.
Once again, many thanks for your invaluable help, without which I would have been completely stuck.
Kind regards,
George.

You're welcome, George! :)

Thanks for your kind feedback!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)