Author Topic: BBE 282i Sonic Maximizer on an Arranger Keyboard  (Read 1347 times)

Offline sunny

BBE 282i Sonic Maximizer on an Arranger Keyboard
« on: February 17, 2022, 04:27:16 PM »
Has anyone tried using the BBE 282i http://www.bbesound.com/products/sonic-maximizers/282i.aspx on an arranger keyboard?

Does it improve the sound for live performance? In which way? Is it useful if we have powered speakers on stage?

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 04:29:02 PM by sunny »

Re: BBE 282i Sonic Maximizer on an Arranger Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 05:52:02 PM »
Interesting device, Sunny. I wonder how many audience listeners would actually hear a huge difference. Perhaps in a large setting where people are sitting and listening.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline markstyles

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 11:24:47 PM »
I used to use one many years ago when they first came out..  I used it to 'enhance' each audio track I recorded into Logic Pro.  Genos is a very well designed machine.  I would play around with Genos EQ and limiting a bit.  I do think you would like the BBE.  If you could look into a store that will take it back if you return it within a certain period. 

tyrosman

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 11:18:34 AM »
this all comes round to the venue that you are playing in i use a mixing desk and in Genos i use the mixing console and addjust the EQ Settings i have one for home and one set for gigs i do tend to find by using the GNS speaker settings as a starting point