Author Topic: Weird behavior of 650 recording mechanism  (Read 1819 times)

Offline dr4sight

Weird behavior of 650 recording mechanism
« on: February 16, 2022, 12:59:14 PM »
This is a real shot in the dark.  My DGX-650 has slipped into an annoying habit that I can't explain or figure out at all.  I wonder whether anyone recognizes this issue and whether it's fixable by any means other than finding a repair person.

Some background.  Since early in the pandemic I've recorded usually two songs a day on my DGX-650 and while the learning curve was steep I mastered the steps involved in recording songs (the instruction manual was of little help.  Trial and error and tips from forum members got me there)

For I'd say the past month after I've rehearsed a song I want to record I go through all my normal steps to record and then start playing.  About 30 to 60 seconds into the song the panel reacts and stops the recording almost as if I'd pressed the button that I normally do  when I finish recording.  I then need to repeat all the setup steps and usually the second or third time I  do so I get a complete recording.  If I choose at that time to record a second song at that time it usually works without a hitch.

So my question is whether this behavior sounds at all familiar to anyone and -more importantly of course- is whether there is a fix so the first recording of each day isn't prematurely stopped.

Thanks for any feedback on this.

Larry
Saugerties, NY, USA