Author Topic: how to delete expansion manager completely  (Read 3678 times)

how to delete expansion manager completely
« on: January 02, 2022, 10:07:02 PM »
hi everyone! how do I delete expansion manager from my computer completely, so that I can have a fresh reinstallation of the whole program? everytime I delete it and reinstall, it keeps all my packs, instrument data , etc... How do I accomplish a completely new and fresh installation of the software?

Online ckobu

Re: how to delete expansion manager completely
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 10:37:46 PM »
Very simple. Uninstall YEM and then delete the entire folder below the location
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager
To get to that location you have to show Hidden Items.
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: patrick.r99

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 10:56:09 PM »
Very simple. Uninstall YEM and then delete the entire folder below the location
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager
To get to that location you have to show Hidden Items.

Sorry forgot to mention I'm using a MacBook. Do you know by any chance how to do these steps on Mac?

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 12:57:24 AM »
Sorry forgot to mention I'm using a MacBook. Do you know by any chance how to do these steps on Mac?

Hi Patrick,

To locate the YEM User folder on macOS, please refer to this post:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55252.msg431085.html#msg431085

Hope this helps! :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:28:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: patrick.r99

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 10:11:23 AM »
Hears a question, i have copied the pack section as described by Casper. I`m about to delete the pack file.Which should allow me to reinstall the superior pack which i`snt present on Yem but obviously on the sub folder so wont let me install.
Question no1
if i put the pack info pack  back when i reinstall the superior pack will it reinstall the previous packs
Question no2
The pack in the sub folders is a a series on numbers does anyone no what the superior pack number in the subfolder ?
Question no3
If i reinstall the packs to another keyboard would it allow it to load paid for locked packs on the other keyboard ?

Thanks for any help

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 04:49:59 PM »
Hears a question, i have copied the pack section as described by Casper. I`m about to delete the pack file.Which should allow me to reinstall the superior pack which i`snt present on Yem but obviously on the sub folder so wont let me install.
Question no1
if i put the pack info pack  back when i reinstall the superior pack will it reinstall the previous packs
Question no2
The pack in the sub folders is a a series on numbers does anyone no what the superior pack number in the subfolder ?
Question no3
If i reinstall the packs to another keyboard would it allow it to load paid for locked packs on the other keyboard ?

Thanks for any help

Hi Colin,

You had already written in another thread that you are having problems importing the Superior Pack into the YEM. Did you read my answer there?
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,61862.msg474072.html#msg474072

If you have deleted or renamed the "Packs" folder as described there, a new, empty "Packs" folder will be created automatically the next time you start YEM. Then you import all the desired Packs again, select the desired Packs/contents and create a new Pack Install file (.cpi), NOT a Pack Quick Install file (.cqi).

P.S.
Paid Packs in the protected .cpf format can only be used on the instrument for which they were originally created by the Pack manufacturer, i.e. for one specific .n27 (Instrument Info) file.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 04:52:12 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »
 i had read your information regarding YEM. i managed to uninstall the packs through USER section but copied the pack file to storage.Thinking i could reinstall them by putting the pack back i was wrong any ideas ?

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 01:09:52 PM »
i had read your information regarding YEM. i managed to uninstall the packs through USER section but copied the pack file to storage.Thinking i could reinstall them by putting the pack back i was wrong any ideas ?

You cannot just copy a Pack file into that "Pack" folder in the YEM user folder. As mentioned, you have to IMPORT your Packs the normal way into the YEM.

Best regards,
Chris