Author Topic: tyros not changing chords .  (Read 2515 times)

Biglou#1545

tyros not changing chords .
« on: February 09, 2022, 10:58:18 PM »
 Anyone with any ideas what the problem is with my tyros 4 . When using the pre set styles it plays the first chord but does not change when I change . Any info is appriciated .

Offline Fred Smith

Re: tyros not changing chords .
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 12:04:15 AM »
Anyone with any ideas what the problem is with my tyros 4 . When using the pre set styles it plays the first chord but does not change when I change . Any info is appriciated .

What are your split and fingering settings?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Biglou#1545

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 06:32:03 AM »
 my position is F# and playing fingered chords but also tried it single finger . same results .

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 09:54:28 AM »
my position is F# and playing fingered chords but also tried it single finger . same results .

Hi Biglou,

Maybe the Style split point is set too low. Please make sure that both Style and Left split points are set to F#2. (The Right3 split point is G2 by default.)

If the Style split point is set lower than the Left split point, this defines an extra keyboard area for the Left part.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Biglou#1545

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 05:37:31 PM »
 Thank you so much . resolved the problem . It appears I to learn about keyboards .

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 07:16:08 PM »
Thank you so much . resolved the problem . It appears I to learn about keyboards .

Hi Biglou,

I'm glad to hear that the problem could be solved.

By the way, please note that split point and fingering settings can be changed by Registrations (if they contain different settings).

To avoid this you can lock split points and/or fingering in "Parameter Lock" (Function > Utility > Config1). Important: Close any settings display by pressing the EXIT button to save the changes.

Note: Of course, you can change split points and fingering directly in the relevant setting displays even if the corresponding checkboxes are ticked in the "Parameter Lock" display.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 07:21:35 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss