Author Topic: software to combine layered voices to a single voice  (Read 3630 times)

Offline tyros2009

software to combine layered voices to a single voice
« on: February 09, 2022, 12:20:14 AM »
When I first bought my T3 (10 yrs ago), I had downloaded a software on PC that allows me to combine 2 or 3 layered voices into a single voice (to be saved as user voice).
Does anyone remember the name of this software and where to get it ?
Thanks for any tip.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline overover

Re: software to combine layered voices to a single voice
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 01:25:22 AM »
Hi tyros2009,

The software you are talking about is called "Tyros3 VoiceEditor" (only available for Windows PC). This program is included on the data CD that comes with the Tyros3. To my knowledge, the program is not available as a download from Yamaha. But if necessary, I can upload the "Tyros3 VoiceEditor" for you. Then simply get in touch here again. :)

With this PC Voice Editor you do NOT create "User Voices" (e.g. .vce), but so-called "Custom Voices" (.uvn/.uvd).

User Voices are created directly on the T3 by storing modified Preset Voices in the VOICE SET. (Note that User Voices can only be used in keyboard parts, not in Styles or MIDI files.)

Custom Voices are created by importing new samples (wave files) directly on the T3 and mapping them to the desired keys.

You can then "fine tune" these Custom Voices on the PC Voice Editor (e.g. with regard to envelopes and/or effects).

You can also use the PC Voice Editor to create Custom Voices from Preset Voices (or the waveforms/samples of the Preset Voices). This is probably the function you mentioned, because here you can combine up to 8 so-called "Elements" (which can come from different Preset Voices). You can also create Custom Voices that combine Preset and new samples.

By the way, Genos and Tyros5 use the "Yamaha Expansion Manager" (YEM) to create Custom Voices. Here, too, you can combine Preset and new samples if required and use up to 8 "Elements" per Voice.

Unfortunately, with PSR-S and PSR-SX models, you CANNOT create Custom Voices (in YEM) that are completely or partially based on PRESET samples (but you can only use NEW samples here).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 01:32:03 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 11:32:29 PM »
Thanks overover,
Pls upload this software as I could not find me T3 CD.
THANKS SO MUCH.
Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 12:26:20 AM »
Thanks overover,
Pls upload this software as I could not find me T3 CD.
THANKS SO MUCH.

Hi tyros2009,

You can download the "Tyros3 VoiceEditor" program from my Dropbox by clicking the following link. The download size of the zip file is about 9.5 MB:
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdq0mwgi2vq4232/Tyros3_VoiceEditor.zip?dl=0

Unfortunately, I don't have the manual for this program at the moment.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, kristensen

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 01:51:06 AM »
Thanks, I was able to downloaded the ZIP file.
Will try to use it.

Offline roltec54

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 07:10:09 AM »
Hello Chris,
thank you for this software, I just downloaded it, the user manual is in the "HELP" tab
musically
michel (roltec 54)

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 08:43:03 AM »
Hello Chris,
thank you for this software, I just downloaded it, the user manual is in the "HELP" tab
musically
michel (roltec 54)

Hi Michel,

Thanks for this advice!

I had worked with the PC voice editor for Tyros4 many years ago. I have a PDF manual for it, but only in German. But it has now occurred to me that there was an internal help function.

I also remember that the MIDI setup (a separate floating toolbar) was a bit unusual. ;)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2022, 04:04:55 AM »
The PDF manual of the Tyros3 Voice Editor is part of the download package, written in English.
I took a quick look thru the manual, and could not find how to combine 2 or 3 voices into a single voice.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2022, 08:05:54 AM »
The PDF manual of the Tyros3 Voice Editor is part of the download package, written in English.
I took a quick look thru the manual, and could not find how to combine 2 or 3 voices into a single voice.

Hi tyros2009,

Yes, I just saw that when installing the Tyros3/Tyros4 Voice Editor, a link to the PDF version of the manual is also placed in the start menu. :)

If I remember correctly, combining Preset Voices with the Tyros3 (Tyros4) Voice Editor should work like this:

The first time you open the program, a prompt "Preset Voice Receive" appears (see the first attached picture). The Preset Voices must first be loaded into the Voice Editor.

Then select a specific voice in the main window and double click on the voice name to open the "Voice Set" window.

In the "ELEMENT" area you can see which of the 8 possible Elements (EL1 - EL8) are currently active (ON) and which are not (OFF).

To add another Element, first turn it on (click the corresponding OFF button so that it changes to ON and is lit).

Then click on the blue "EL" button next to it (e.g. EL3) to open the corresponding "Element" window.

Now click on one of the three fields in the "OSC" (= Oscillator) area to open the "Element List" window.

Here you select a specific Voice Category, within it a specific Voice and a specific Element from it to add to the original Voice. (If the Voice you want to combine with the original Voice has multiple Elements, you must add each Element individually as described.)

See also the second attached picture. Note: Of course it says "empty" everywhere because I no longer have a T3/T4 to import the Preset Voices. ;)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 08:07:44 AM by overover »