Author Topic: problem with styles on Usb  (Read 2510 times)

Music Man

problem with styles on Usb
« on: February 07, 2022, 07:33:03 PM »
I have a Tyros 4. All of a sudden when i put in a usb with styles they all show up on the screen. When I try to enter a style the screen goes blank. When i enter a usb with my songs they play just fine. Some of these songs i can narmally press the button and songs will show up on Hd. I wonder if anyone has had this problem

Offline Fred Smith

Re: problem with styles on Usb
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 07:50:16 PM »
I have a Tyros 4. All of a sudden when i put in a usb with styles they all show up on the screen. When I try to enter a style the screen goes blank. When i enter a usb with my songs they play just fine. Some of these songs i can narmally press the button and songs will show up on Hd. I wonder if anyone has had this problem

It's hard to discern exactly what you're doing. Why is it a problem that "they all show up on the screen"? What exactly are you doing when you "enter a style"? And, what's the difference between that and "enter a usb"?

Give us more detail, and I'm sure someone can help you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 10:06:00 PM »

Hi Music Man,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Like Fred, I can't make out exactly what you did from your description. ;)

But it's actually quite simple: In each File Selection display you have two internal drives (the User drive "USER" and the internal hard drive "HD1"). If a USB stick is also connected, you will see another drive "USB1".

Now the most important thing: FIRST you always have to open the CORRECT File Selection display, so:

- To view/load Style files, press the "D" button on the Main display, OR press any Style Category button (e.g. "COUNTRY").

- To view/load MIDI Song files, press the "A" button on the Main display OR press one of the SONG buttons (I, II, III, IV)

- To view/load Registration Bank files, press the "J" button on the Main display, OR press the "Regist Bank -" and "Regist Bank +" buttons at the same time.

- To view/load Multi Pad Bank files, press the "E" button on the Main display, OR press the "Select" button in the "Multi Pad Control" section.

- To view/load Voice files, press the button for the desired Part ("F", "G", "H", "I") on the Main display, OR press the relevant "Part Select" button (Left, Right1 , Right2, Right3). (Press twice if the part in question was not previously selected.)

NOW select (with the TAB buttons) the desired drive (for the USB stick, as mentioned, the "USB1" tab). If necessary, select the desired folder to open it and select the desired file to load it.

My post is now a bit long, but it really does contain all the important information about viewing and loading the various file types. ;)

I wish you success!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 10:13:41 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Music Man

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 08:36:35 PM »
I put a usb into the keyboard with styles. They show on the screen. I pick out a style to play and push the d button and the screen goes blank.Again I can pull up country press the button and the screen in blank. This happened after a power surge. Everything else works fine

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 09:15:05 PM »
If the power surge happened while the USB stick was in the keyboard it may be that the stick was damaged. If you have a backup of the styles on your computer, I would load them onto a fresh stick and try again.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 09:43:07 PM »
The keyboard can only enter a style if you have selected the Styles category. Therefore, after inserting the USB drive, press the Expansion/user button, then tab to the USB drive and select the style from that page. I believe this will solve your problem.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline Denn

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 10:51:47 AM »
Hello, Just a suggestion but I have had strange things happen with USB sticks. Put the USB stick into your computer and transfer ALL the contents to your computer or portable hard drive. Now format that USB in the kbd. Take that USB back to your computer and reload the style files. Sometimes these USB sticks get their knickers in a twist. Try it you may like it. Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls