Author Topic: Update firmware trouble sx700  (Read 2187 times)

iRobi

Update firmware trouble sx700
« on: February 07, 2022, 05:21:24 PM »
Hello!

Please for some advice.
I am trying to update firmware (1.10) on sx700.
I am trying with 64Gb Sandisk and 8Gb Kingston USB.
I formated USB with Mac computer on MS-DOS (FAT32), download Update, Unzip file and copy prg. file on root directory on USB.
Put USB in Yamaha (Usb to device)
Press and Hold: Start/Stop + ON/OFF - I got message on keyboard: "Please insert install media" and thats it. Nothing for 10 minutes! Try to press start/stop and other buttons...
After Re-eject the USB, nothing.

Than I switched keyboard off and start normally. USB stick was recognize. I try to format USB key with keyboard (utility/storage)  and get message: ”Failed to access data”.  USB1 and USB2. I dont know what means with USB1 and USB2 - there is only one.

Format USB with Mac again, put some midi files on it and everything playing normal.

Please help!

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master

Divemaster

Re: Update firmware trouble sx700
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 05:31:56 PM »
Hello!

Please for some advice.
I am trying to update firmware (1.10) on sx700.
I am trying with 64Gb Sandisk and 8Gb Kingston USB.
I formated USB with Mac computer on MS-DOS (FAT32), download Update, Unzip file and copy prg. file on root directory on USB.
Put USB in Yamaha (Usb to device)
Press and Hold: Start/Stop + ON/OFF - I got message on keyboard: "Please insert install media" and thats it. Nothing for 10 minutes! Try to press start/stop and other buttons...
After Re-eject the USB, nothing.

Than I switched keyboard off and start normally. USB stick was recognize. I try to format USB key with keyboard (utility/storage)  and get message: ”Failed to access data”.  USB1 and USB2. I dont know what means with USB1 and USB2 - there is only one.

Format USB with Mac again, put some midi files on it and everything playing normal.

Please help!

Hi

You need to format the Memory Stick, or Flash Drive ON THE INSTRUMENT....Not on the PC.
Do that in the Menu settings under FUNCTIONS...I think it's Menu 2.

Once you've done that, put it into your pc and put the downloaded update file onto the stick.

Then it should all work fine.

Come back if you're still struggling.

iRobi

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 05:41:19 PM »
I did try to format usb stick on keyboard, but become error message: Failed to access data!

BUT - I found the solution! I find 2Gb SD card, put into SD Card reader and successfully formate card on keyboard.
Repeat all procedure and VOILA. Installation completed! V 1.10

It seems that USB stick made some partition by it self, thats why I saw USB1 and USB2.

Thanks for your help!

Now I am going to explorer other things on my brand new (2 hours) sx700. Maybe read Manual too? :)

Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 10:47:09 AM »
Hi iRobi

So glad you got your keyboard updated.
Yes...DO read the Manual and also read the REFERENCE MANUAL which has a lot of extra information. The forum members here are very helpful too.

Link below for you.

There is also a Yamaha Bonus Playlist specially for your SX700 which you can put on a USB stick. Some lovely sounds on it.
I have the SX700 too, it's a great keyboard. Enjoy it.   It's at the bottom of this link.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 10:49:11 AM by Divemaster »

iRobi

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 04:32:56 PM »
Thanks for Bonus playlist. I need almost 1 hour to figure out how to play songs from this Bonus list. Than I accidentally pressed Reg. memory button and Hurray!
But still dont know, how to save the entire Bonus Playlist from USB to User playlist, so I dont need USB stick anymoore. I read manual text 10-times but...

Technics have much more user friendly OS. But I learn fast and first day cant know everything! Its time for uncle google!?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:36 PM »
The Bonus playlist operates from the USB stick In the keyboard USB1. Insert USB then Press Playlist then select USB1 your will now see the lists. Select one and now press playlist again. Now select a song from the list and this will set up a registration bank with just one button lit. Press this button and you are ready to play your song using the other OTS settings to use different voices. You can easily add your own voice combinations to this bank and then re-save it back into list.