Author Topic: 70sSuitcaseTremolo LFO Speed  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Michael Trigoboff

70sSuitcaseTremolo LFO Speed
« on: February 07, 2022, 04:06:24 AM »
Is there a way to have one of the assignable knobs control the LFO frequency of the 70sSuitcaseTremolo voice?

I can hit the VOICE button and then tap the green insertion effect for the voice. The Insertion Effect display comes up with the LFO FREQUENCY knob highlighted. But I don’t see a way in either the user interface or in the manuals to designate an assignable knob to control this parameter.

Once the Insertion Effect display is up on the touchscreen, I can control the knob on the display with the jog wheel. Is that the only way to do this?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 06:38:06 AM by mtrigoboff »
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline DerekA

Re: 70sSuitcaseTremolo LFO Speed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 09:49:25 AM »
As far as I am aware, you cannot assign any panel control to directly change an effect parameter.

As you've found, you can only change a selected value using the jog wheel or+/- buttons.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff

Offline pjd

Re: 70sSuitcaseTremolo LFO Speed
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 06:23:44 PM »
Hi Michael --

The XG voice and effects architecture supports an "assignable controller", "AC1". AC1 can adjust the parameters marked with a dot in the “Control” column as shown in the Effect Parameters section of the Data List PDF. These only affect insertion type effects.

The bad news -- Genos only allows direct access to cutoff frequency for pedal WAH effects. Yamaha hasn't generalized this to all AC1-capable effect parameters. I've given up asking "why?"; they should.

All the best and welcome to the Forum -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Michael Trigoboff