Author Topic: Genos and the new style creator... WHEN?  (Read 2609 times)

Offline valimaties

Genos and the new style creator... WHEN?
« on: February 06, 2022, 08:05:31 PM »
Hi guys...
This is the style creator from PSR-A5000!!! VIDEO
What do you think of what we have (Genos- TOTL), and this little PSR-A5000?! (and there are some things about some functions on this little A5000 which Genos only dream about them :)) )
IMHO, even if it is a small keyboard, this PSR A5000 is TOTL!!!
 ???

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline DerekA

Re: Genos and the new style creator... WHEN?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 10:47:02 AM »
I'll guess this is because the A5000 is designed for the "Oriental" market, and someone at Yamaha has decided that Oriental musicians are more likely to have multiple, or unusual, time signatures within the style than non-Oriental musicians.

Since this came (well) after Genos, if we do get a new Genos firmware, I'd expect to see this feature being added. But who knows if that will ever happen ...

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 01:10:15 PM »
Hello,

I believe this kind of feature is easily upgradable... Just Yamaha launch an upgrade pack for the Genos.

Pedro

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 02:19:27 PM »
I'll guess this is because the A5000 is designed for the "Oriental" market, and someone at Yamaha has decided that Oriental musicians are more likely to have multiple, or unusual, time signatures within the style than non-Oriental musicians.

In my opinion, music is just music... if one or more genres need some different timing sections, this must be USER's choice on how he/she is writing style. But the function must be there, even if the keyboard is made for Europe, USA, Canada, Africa, Australia or other continents :)

Since this came (well) after Genos, if we do get a new Genos firmware, I'd expect to see this feature being added. But who knows if that will ever happen ...

I think Yamaha will move this feature for Genos 2, as long as there was this last update of firmware, and PSR-A5000 is launched about half of a year before this last update of Genos. I cannot believe that in this time Yamaha's engineers could not prepared an update of Style Creator for Genos too... It is only a marketing thing, and this affects all users, not only east-europeans or other users which really needs this feature.
I've sent a lot of emails to Yamaha Europe, but nothing happens. I have a lot of friends here in Romania which are Genos users and they also sent mails to Yamaha Europe, mails which are only sent, but nothing happens. We (at least east-european musicians) are not take in care about Yamaha Europe. We talk in vain...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 05:20:19 PM »
Don't forget we have lost two years of many things due to Covid and this has effected Yamaha also.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 05:39:06 PM »
Don't forget we have lost two years of many things due to Covid and this has effected Yamaha also.

Indeed, Eileen, Covid 19 affected all continents, not only Yamaha. But they released PSR-A5000 in the middle of pandemic, and the last update of Genos some months ago, so they worked. We expect these features when Tyros 5 was announced: it does't had, Genos, the same, it doesn't.
Now, they released what they had to release 10-15 years ago, in an arabic model, but they didn't update it's TOTL with this espected feature for so long. What to think about it?  :(

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 06:57:39 PM »
I would've thought they would've added that with the December update of the Genos (2.10) since that was a full 6 months after the A5000 launched.
Meaning I would've held out hope for the current generation to have multiple time signatures added, but now that an update rolled out 6 months after this feature debuted on the A5000 and they did not add it... I'm not so sure they ever will. Which is unfortunate

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 08:53:30 PM »
You can use a registration to take care of time signature changes.  ;)
Or simply move the 3/4 main into a 4/4 style as long as the tempo is the same.
But I don't really have that many to worry about.

Can't see spending another 500 to 1000 dollars for that feature. Yamaha has to do better. ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 08:56:38 PM by DrakeM »

Online fine

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 10:06:39 PM »
What to think about it?  :(

Wait! When they fix the bugs that will be found in the A5000 and release the update, Genos will have it too.

Just like the portamento which is just as important as the time signature.

Obviously I'm deriding and kidding with Yamaha.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 06:50:33 AM »
I don't have A5000, but I have a friend (Zauri) which has it (BTW, the video with Style Creator was made by him). He told me some things about Portamento and legato functions that I didn't believe it could be done... He can add the Legato function on poly mode, too, on A5000 :o and also he can add those functions on SA voices, too. The portamento is different than Genos or SX series... It works as it has to be.
So these improvements of these functions seems to be the fixes for Genos, or SX series, which means they could implement in these keyboards, as well.
I expect they will make 2.2 version for Genos ASAP to be able to use this keyboard to it's real power.

Vali.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 08:36:33 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos