Author Topic: Style/Voices/Reginstrations from Genos  (Read 1116 times)

Offline dh110953

Style/Voices/Reginstrations from Genos
« on: February 06, 2022, 04:14:12 PM »
Hi, I know this may be a long shot and perhaps not possble. But just in case - It is SX700 related

I have a Genos and have I invested "a considerable amount of time" over the last 2 years in creating a vast array of registrations that are linked to my Songbook+

I have just purchased a PSR SX700 to use when I'm in my static caravan - (lodge).  I have managed to use some of the registration from the Genos staright on the SX700 seemlessly but many of them simpy do not work as intended - voice is dashed out or wrong Style is selected. I have copied Styles and Voices from the Genos to the user area of the SX700 but still, not much luck. I am just wondering if there is a way this can be simply acheived without having to recreate oll the Registrations from scratch again - which will takes hours, if not days/weeks to achieve.

With regards to Songbook+ I have created a 2nd setting (Songbook) and this works seemlesly, though obviously I need to manualy link the registrations. to the Songbook+ entry

8)

Now have a CVP 809 as my wife plays Piano but not Keyboard - I had to PX a Genos to buy it, Also have an SX700 - I did previously own a Tyros.

Offline TiasDad

Re: Style/Voices/Reginstrations from Genos
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 08:49:27 PM »
Stand alone Genos styles are available here ... https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/Genos/genos.html

Most should work if you add them to your thumb drive and redirect the regs to them. Some may need some of the voices/drum kits changing to voices/drum kits which are found in the SX700 which shouldn't take long but well worth the time.

Alternatively, you could find similar styles, local to the SX700 and use those.

The following users thanked this post: dh110953

Offline Amwilburn

Re: Style/Voices/Reginstrations from Genos
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 10:07:55 PM »
Your registrations are still looking for the style under Preset styles, you will have to manually re-add the files that aren't on the sx700 by loading up each registration memory, and re-saving with the correct pathway.

In the future, to avoid having to reprogram style pathways, copy all the styles you need into either a USB stick or the user area, and the put those same files in the same directory pathways on both keyboards

As for the sounds not showing up, Genos has S.Art2 and Revo voices which the sx700 won't even attempt to load. Either avoid both, or again, remap each registration memory.

Its kind of sad that Repertoire finder no longer exists, as it would find the closest style/ voice no matter the source/destination keyboards.
And yes, when I re-use a registration on a different keyboard, I generally use the "all styles on same usb stick" to avoid the style pathway remapping (although Murray Best's registration manager *does* let you change that pathway), then I just have to worry about mapping sounds and octave shifts (which aren't the same between CVP and portables)

Mark

Mark