Author Topic: Midi files from USB to internal memory  (Read 1044 times)

iRobi

Midi files from USB to internal memory
« on: February 06, 2022, 10:11:04 AM »
I have copy of 487 midi files sort by numbers on usb from my Technics keyboard SD card.
The files is numbered because I can quick find them and search the same numbered lyrics on my iPad Onsong app.
I wonder how to copy all Midi files at once from Usb stick into internal memory on sx700 and save them, so the files are stay there when I remove Usb. If anyone, please give me step by step instructions.

Is it possible to have one midi playlist with 500 files? Search files with wheel on sx700?
Can I search next midi song in playlist, before current song is ending?

I am asking because, when I am playing with Duet, sometimes someone want to hear some special song but I dont know how to play it, but I have midi file for that song in my backup so I can fulfill request..

Sorry for those questions, but I am new Yamaha user.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 10:12:16 AM by iRobi »

Offline EileenL

Re: Midi files from USB to internal memory
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 12:36:02 PM »
It will depend on how much space you have in your user section. Make sure the files are in a folder and then just copy this into the user section like you would anything else. Press New Song Midi on screen and go to USB. Press File at the top of the  page and then select Copy. Now select your folder and press copy. Now select User and press Copy Here. You will now see the folder on the User section. Now remove the stick and use from user section. Always remember to press Midi on screen before looking for the folder to tell the keyboard it is songs you want. If in any other mode the file will appear empty.

iRobi

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 01:51:33 PM »
Thanks for reply. Total size of folder is 29Mb. Aprox. 55kb/ file. The keyboard is brand new, so user section is empty.
Tomorrow I will try by your instructions.

I am working, all day long, with patients. Till tomorrow 8pm in red zone of Covid19.
At this moment I have break for coffe and Yamaha forum. ;) and fresh air...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 01:52:58 PM by iRobi »

Offline hans1966

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 12:35:58 AM »
Hello Robi, you have 1GB of user memory in your SX700, you can perfectly save more than 4000 MIDI files, be they styles or songs, and you will still have space even to save Mp3 files

Cheers

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"