Author Topic: My Top 10 Songs I Play (using preset styles)  (Read 1837 times)

Offline porterma

My Top 10 Songs I Play (using preset styles)
« on: February 05, 2022, 01:37:45 AM »
I thought I would share my Top 10 songs that I love to play on my Genos using the preset styles onboard the keyboard (including the Tyros 4/5 styles that were missing from the Genos but were added in user memory by my dealer).
My hope is that it might inspire others to try these themselves and also that other Forum members might share their Top 10 songs including the preset styles they use for all of us to try out.
So here's my list (no special order):
1. "Take Me Home Country Roads"  style used is Country Pop; tempo 148; variation A
2. "Always On My Mind"   style used is Country Ballad 2; tempo 78; variations B,C & D
3. "Yesterday Once More"  style used 70's Pop Duo 1; tempo 85; variations A & B
4. "Annie's Song"  style used Guitar Serenade; tempo 96; variations A & C
5. "Top Of the World"   style used 70's Chart Country; tempo 140; variations B & C
6. "If You Could Read My Mind"  style used 8 Beat Ballad 2 (Tyros 4/5); tempo 100; variation C
7. "End Of The World"  style used Easy Country Ballad; tempo 88; variations A, B, & C
8. "Take A Look At Me Now" style used Piano Ballad; tempo 85; variations A & B
9. "With A Little Help From My Friends" style used Blues Shuffle; tempo 115; variations A & B
10. "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree" style used Swing Fox; tempo 192; variations A & C

Certainly this invitation is not just for Genos keyboard players as most PSR keyboards are able to play these styles as well.
Some may think of this as a kind of repeat of Music Finder or Playlist - but to me it is much more personalized.

I invite others to share their Top 10 Songs with all of us.
Thanks,

Mark

Offline Amwilburn

Re: My Top 10 Songs I Play (using preset styles)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 08:54:22 PM »
Well, your dealer sounds considerate  ;) but I'm also to willing to bet he's kinda overweight...

Well since I've already mentioned my favourite styles, I might as well join you in explaining what songs they're for

Default tempos as well:
80s Analog Ballad - In the Air Tonight, Phil Collins, all 4 variations as the song progresses.
80s Rock Anthem (T5, available for Genos, PSRs970/s975/sx900/A5000)We Will Rock You: Queen (Var A & B only; C & D are used for Kashmir)
Tango Flamenco (Audio style version is better): Hotel California, Eagles
80s Power Rock -Livin' on a Prayer, Bon Jovi
80s Edgyrock (used to be called 80s Poprock) - Where the Streets have no name, U2
BritPopDiva - Fire to the Rain, Adele
GrooveShack - Love Shack, B52's

Mark

Offline porterma

Re: My Top 10 Songs I Play (using preset styles)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 09:33:50 PM »
Hi Mark,
Thanks for sharing your list with the group.
I am hoping others will get onboard and share their "Top 10" songs and styles a well.

Mark