Author Topic: Hello from Slovenia  (Read 2189 times)

iRobi

Hello from Slovenia
« on: February 04, 2022, 07:57:26 AM »
Hello to everyone. I am new Yamaha keyboard user (SX700), that means, I will have a lot of "stupid" questions.
I am still using my Technics KN7000, in my opinion, most beautiful arranger ever made.
Now I will try Yamaha and I hope I will enjoy it.
Came from Slovenia, hobbies are: Music, Photography, Video, Motorbike.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hello from Slovenia
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 10:29:58 AM »
Hi iRobi,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your new PSR-SX700 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains almost 102,000 song titles in 2,654 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 06:48:49 PM by Roger Brenizer »
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 02:14:00 PM »
Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, iRobi!

I wish you lots of fun and joy with your SX700!

By the way, I live in Germany, but I play a lot of music that comes from Slovenia (especially from the inventor of the "Oberkrainer" sound, the genius Slavko Avsenik). :)

All the best,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

iRobi

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 03:46:56 PM »
Yes, Avsenik. He was one of the most talented musician. Also Lojze Slak. Both, the biggest name of "Oberkrain" music in my Country. Now his son, Saša Avsenik, try to continue dads work.
I have some MIDI files from Avsenik and Slak if you want. Free of Charge! ;) Made on my Technics keyboard (SMF file format)

I also travel a lot (not last 2 years) around Germany (Frankfurt Musik Messe, FC Bayern footbal games, Bavarian Castles ...)

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 06:31:32 PM »
Yes, Avsenik. He was one of the most talented musician. Also Lojze Slak. Both, the biggest name of "Oberkrain" music in my Country. Now his son, Saša Avsenik, try to continue dads work.
I have some MIDI files from Avsenik and Slak if you want. Free of Charge! ;) Made on my Technics keyboard (SMF file format)

I also travel a lot (not last 2 years) around Germany (Frankfurt Musik Messe, FC Bayern footbal games, Bavarian Castles ...)

Thank you, iRobi, for your kind feedback!

Yes, Sašo Avsenik (Slavko Avsenik's grandson, so Gregor Avsenik's son) is a very nice person, I've talked to him personally several times when they played around here. :)

Thank you also for your offer with the self-made MIDI files. Maybe I'll get in touch with you via PM (Personal Message) in the future.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 10:32:41 AM »
Welcome to the Forum,

Hope you will enjoy the Forum and your lovely SX 700.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

iRobi

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 06:52:10 AM »
Welcome to the Forum,

Hope you will enjoy the Forum and your lovely SX 700.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

I notice you own KN7000 from Technics. How you compare this keyboard with Yamaha arrangers?
I am thinking that KN7000 is still very powerfull and most beautifull keyboard. I also own KN800 and KN3000. From Yamaha brand I owned just DX7. So I really dont know much about Yamaha keys. My SX700 arrive next week so I want to know what to expect.

Thanks