Author Topic: edit drum fill  (Read 1720 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

edit drum fill
« on: February 02, 2022, 01:28:29 AM »
I think I have succeeded at editing the drums within a drum style. All 4 variation of a chosen drum style.

t4 is not in front of me ( computer )
but from memory

I choose a drum style
then enter style creator

there are six columns
the column furthest  to the right is EDIT
you see a list of every midi drum event, within the chosen style/ variation ( A B C D )
In other words it seems like I have to go through this edit for all 4 variations. But Saving is confusing.

you can adjust the volume of every midi hit. It's really handy to customize the sound

I forgot to mention , among the five columns there is an option for
A ( variation of of the drum )
B
C
D
fill for A variation
fill for B
fill for C
fill for D
I will leave this aspect till later when someone can lead me out of the confusion

After I edit the midi events with the chosen style
I have to save
and saving seems to be where issue may come up

I am unclear about saving drum variation A  separately from
drum variation B.... C etc
Do I have to save each of the 4 variations?
You may recall, I only use the drum styles when I perform. The rest, is me simply playing the Tyros. Normally when I have used drum styles, I use the preset drum styles.
If I choose Acoustic Jazz.. variations A B C D are all together along with the fills for each variation. 
By daring to use edited drum styles, I am getting confused about what was once simple.. just call up a preset drum style... all 4 variations come up with fills
But with custom drum style.. I am lost, esp with the fills.

Long story; I can edit variations A B C and D
but I cannot figure out how to edit the fills of A B C D

I would be grateful for a solution .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 10:34:49 AM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.