Author Topic: Help....How to play Accordion Bellow shake on S970 ?  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Dnj

Help....How to play Accordion Bellow shake on S970 ?
« on: February 01, 2022, 06:50:30 PM »
"Any ideas on simulating an accordion bellows shake ? S970.
I’m thinking arpeggiator, live control, maybe left hand??? Put your thinking caps on."

asking for a friend...any help appreciated

Offline Bruce Breen

Re: Help....How to play Accordion Bellow shake on S970 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 02:33:43 AM »
Hi Dnj,
A few years ago I attempted to play and record Jingle Bells Rhapsody for Accordion on my S950.
(I've played this song on my Accordion for over 50 years now.)

I fiddled with the DSP settings for the Right1 voice (Accordion voice) to create the bellows shake which is heard close to the end of the piece.
This is the Effect Type setting I came up with:
Under Effect Type:
Block       Part            Category        Type
DSP2      Right1           Delay          Tempo Delay1

Have your friend try these settings and play around with it some more if necessary.

Here is the link to my recording which you can share with your friend:
https://app.box.com/s/prjxhyupi9ajjh9y2h43npa9btngj51a

The bellows shake begins at approximately 2:40 minutes.
I created a registration bank to handle all the different tempos, time signatures and of course the bellows shake.

Hope this helps!!

Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

Offline Dnj

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 01:59:32 PM »
Brilliant Thank you I will relay this asap.

Offline Bruce Breen

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 02:57:22 PM »
Another thing I found after checking things out on my keyboard...
All Accordion voices seem to be have the DSP set to Tremolo - so all your friend has to do to is make sure he turns on the DSP and the Vari buttons to get a basic 'bellows shake" effect. I think I set up the Tempo Delay 1 in hopes that it would "shake" at whatever tempo I set.
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 05:04:35 PM »
"Any ideas on simulating an accordion bellows shake ? S970.
I’m thinking arpeggiator, live control, maybe left hand??? Put your thinking caps on." ...

Hi Dnj,

How about putting a Tremolo effect (periodic change of the amplitude) on the Modulation wheel?

To do this, select the desired Voice, open the Voice Selection display and from there open the VOICE SET display.

Here you go to the "Controller" tab and set "AMOD" to the desired strength of the Tremolo effect that should be added when turning the Mod wheel.

By the way, I would turn the other modulation targets (FILTER, AMPLITUDE, LFO PMOD, LFO FMOD) all the way down so that only the Tremolo effect is audible when the Mod wheel is turned up.

You can save the edited Voice as a User Voice with "Save" or memorize it directly to Registrations.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chirs
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Bruce Breen

cassp

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 10:08:09 PM »
Hi, I’m Donny’s friend. Thanks for your ideas. I’m going to try the DSP suggestion. But, I’ve found that the Polka Pop style has a decent shake on the C and D variations.

Online overover

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 11:41:10 PM »
Hi, I’m Donny’s friend. Thanks for your ideas. I’m going to try the DSP suggestion. But, I’ve found that the Polka Pop style has a decent shake on the C and D variations.

Hi cassp,

If you mean the accordion chord accompaniment of the Slovenian "Oberkrainer" sound: This is NOT played with the "Bellow Shake" technique. In fact, the chords are played normally, but with so-called "repetition" of the right hand:
Polka (2/4) >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5MOMKpX-s
Waltz (3/4) >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJyTAQxxYlA

On a keyboard, this is not easy to play (especially in faster tempo). Therefore, in addition to Genos/Tyros5, I always have my Hohner Morino VS "Slavko Avsenik". :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 12:05:15 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)