Author Topic: SX600  (Read 2473 times)

Offline RalphB

SX600
« on: January 30, 2022, 09:02:01 PM »
Hi'
As an aging hippy, I had a steam powered Yamaha many years ago. Don't ask me what it was!
Anyway I recently bought the SX600 which, to me, was incredible and the video reviews seemed to confirm my choice.
However, there are few posts on this forum relating to to the SX600 and I'm just wondering why?
I'm absolutely happy with it but it doesn't figure in many posts.

pc131

Re: SX600
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 09:31:01 PM »
Hi'
As an aging hippy, I had a steam powered Yamaha many years ago. Don't ask me what it was!
Anyway I recently bought the SX600 which, to me, was incredible and the video reviews seemed to confirm my choice.
However, there are few posts on this forum relating to to the SX600 and I'm just wondering why?

Maybe there's low number of topic for SX600, because it is simple to operate and people don't have any problems with this model?  ;)

janamdo

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 11:16:00 PM »
Maybe there's low number of topic for SX600, because it is simple to operate and people don't have any problems with this model?  ;)
I have used the SX600 too and there is mobilesheet program for selecting songs on the sx600 and the style is already loaded too for a choosing song.
You can play right away
Takes some time to figure it how all works, but  its worth if you like play a lot

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 11:18:18 PM »
Glad to hear you are happy with your keyboard! Enjoy :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 11:13:28 AM »
Hi'

Hope you enjoy your new keyboard !

You'll probably find that one of the main, even only reasons for people purchasing the SX700 and SX900 in preference to the SX600 is the touchscreen. It's just personal preference, but you've got yourself an amazing keyboard there anyway. These SX models are very advanced, and full of the latest technology. They are all very nice keyboards to own and play.

I've loaded all sorts of stuff onto various USB sticks, and so I can get all I want to get from my own SX700.

Enjoy playing it. That's the main thing.  :)

Offline johan

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 12:50:49 PM »
The SX600 is much more recent than the SX700/SX900 so I guess the number of people with an SX600 is still relatively small. Anyway, much of the info on this forum for the SX700/SX900 will also apply to the SX600.
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 01:15:55 PM »
... However, there are few posts on this forum relating to to the SX600 and I'm just wondering why?

Hi Ralph,

click on the "Home" button (on the top left), enter sx600 into the search field (on the top right) and finally click on the "Search" button. In this way you will find at least 200 posts in which "SX600" occurs. :)

And as already mentioned, a lot works in the SX600 very similar to the PSR-S, SX900/700, Tyros models and Genos. If you have a question and you can't find a thread that fits your topic, just create a new thread (topic) with your specific question and you'll be sure to get help!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline RalphB

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 10:34:10 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. I never thought about doing a search.  :-\
I have to say this machine is plenty complicated for me but I'm slowly getting there.

Thanks again,

Ralph

pc131

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 12:25:31 PM »
Hope you enjoy your new keyboard !

You'll probably find that one of the main, even only reasons for people purchasing the SX700 and SX900 in preference to the SX600 is the touchscreen. It's just personal preference, but you've got yourself an amazing keyboard there anyway. These SX models are very advanced, and full of the latest technology. They are all very nice keyboards to own and play.

I've loaded all sorts of stuff onto various USB sticks, and so I can get all I want to get from my own SX700.

Enjoy playing it. That's the main thing.  :)

I for example prefer physical buttons to touchscreen  :) As I prefer regular cars over electric ones  :)

What's more, I'm sure that most people that choose SX700/SX900 for home playing (which is most of us anyway) are not aware that SX700/SX900 models LACK audio interface, which allows recording music over USB straight to laptop/computer software.

On SX700/SX900 you need external audio interface, or record onto USB stick and plug it into computer, import mp3, etc..

This is why I did research before buying keyboard. However I missed to check one thing - to check if in Controller assignment you can assign pedal to TRANSPOSE function. But I am in touch with Yamaha, if they can implement it in next SX600 firmware.

Offline icatalin42

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2022, 05:33:38 AM »
Glad to hear you are happy with your keyboard! Enjoy :)
Please,can you tell me where can i buy/download this program? From what i understand, you search for a song and then it finda you the corresponding sx600 style for it and then you upload it on your keyboard?if i understood right,this is a dream come true.