Author Topic: Audio play back  (Read 2815 times)

Tezwalker

Audio play back
« on: January 26, 2022, 04:57:52 PM »
Hi just got a sx900 which I did a swop for my tyros5
 It is 3week old  but I have a problem playing  my audio or mp3 back  they are braking up at different intervals like (Norman Collier)  some work fine.Am l doing some thing wrong

Thanks
Terry

Offline overover

Re: Audio play back
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 05:09:57 PM »
Hi Terry,

Are you using the same USB stick that you used on the Tyros5 (and worked flawlessly there)? Or did you copy the WAV/MP3 files to another/new USB stick?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Tezwalker

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 05:23:43 PM »
Hi  I am using the ones I used on the tyros 5   If I put one audio file on usb it seems to be ok it’s as if
 The usb is  too slow when lots of files on
 Thanks very fast response

Terry

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »
Hi  I am using the ones I used on the tyros 5   If I put one audio file on usb it seems to be ok it’s as if
 The usb is  too slow when lots of files on
 Thanks very fast response

Terry

Hi Terry,

I recommend copying the audio files to a new/empty or freshly formatted USB stick and then testing again. It is possible that some of the files on your current USB stick are too much fragmented, and then the files may not be read fast enough. (This happens when you first delete several smaller files and then save larger files, e.g. on a USB stick.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 05:42:03 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Tezwalker

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 06:42:15 PM »
Hi Chris thankyou I will give it a try just going to factory set. And do a up date 1 10 then try a new usb will let you know

Thanks Terry

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 06:52:40 PM »
Hi Chris thankyou I will give it a try just going to factory set. And do a up date 1 10 then try a new usb will let you know

Thanks Terry

Hi Terry,

I do NOT recommend performing a system or factory reset for every "little issue". As already mentioned, the problem is probably with the USB stick or with the fact that some files on the stick are heavily fragmented.

Best regards,
Chris

Tezwalker

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 07:59:06 PM »
Hi Chris thanks again I had to update as not been done and I  needed to get every thing back to start 

Try the same mp3 on a new usb and everything ok now thanks for your help

Terry

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 08:14:39 PM »
Thanks for your feedback, Terry!

I'm glad that everything is OK now. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline beginpsrsx900

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 11:24:34 AM »
Hello, I would like to know if a USB key there is defragmentation because I have always learned that it was stacked and that when you remove a piece the stack goes down and the other is put on top?
PSR SX900, PA1000, 2x FCB 1010, BCF2000, NANO PAD, NANO KONTROL, Micro, ETC, ETC

Offline beginpsrsx900

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 11:27:30 AM »
a memory its not fragmented its a stack, not like a hard disk or a floppy disk, only the register changes..?
PSR SX900, PA1000, 2x FCB 1010, BCF2000, NANO PAD, NANO KONTROL, Micro, ETC, ETC

Offline beginpsrsx900

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 11:30:45 AM »
Only the speed of your usb key can harm your performance :) bye bye xx

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 12:19:41 PM »
Hi beginpsrsx900,

Flash memory storage devices such as USB sticks usually do NOT need to be defragmented. Nevertheless, it can happen that the performance (i.e. reading speed) decreases over time, e.g. if files are stored on the stick in a highly fragmented manner (i.e. in many small "portions"). If necessary, the data can be temporarily moved to the computer and then copied back to the USB stick. (The stick can, but does not necessarily have to, be reformatted.)

By the way, the Defrag feature of current Windows versions can now also deal with flash memory devices and SDDs (and "optimize" them if necessary).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 01:02:43 PM by overover »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 01:16:38 PM »
I always find Verbatim USB devices write faster when recording and therefore do not seem to give any trouble. When using a new stick always format on the keyboard.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline beginpsrsx900

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2022, 10:02:16 AM »
To answer the question of defragmenting a memory that does not defragment, the problem of slowing down is if you have a folder with a lot of files, the solution is to create several folders and a usb 3.o key, its faster too;)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2022, 02:49:42 PM »
Keyboards do not use USB3 so no point using one.