Author Topic: Check out this PSR-EW425 organ sound -- Speed-up Leslie effect?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline SciNote

Check out this PSR-EW425 organ sound -- Speed-up Leslie effect?
« on: January 22, 2022, 06:49:14 AM »
Check out this video at around 2:25...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNsrGqPxEU

I'm distinctly hearing a speed-up Leslie speaker effect, or at the very least, a fade-in of the Leslie effect, and I do not see the keyboard player manipulating a live-control knob, motion effect button, or anything else!  So far, nothing that I've read in the manual or data list implies this speed-up effect is available.

Anyone know how this is being done?  Maybe it's part of a pre-recorded backing track or style track?  But it does appear to be related to the notes he's playing.

Quite interesting!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:01:49 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline pjd

Re: Check out this PSR-EW425 organ sound -- Speed-up Leslie effect?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 06:22:43 PM »
Hi Bob --

Yamaha gave the E473 and EW425 serious DSP effect upgrades. The effect types are ported from the S-/SX-series, including the rotary speaker effect, vintage phaser, and four REAL DISTORTION effects, among many others. They deserve praise for that.  :D All of the DSP1 and DSP2 effect types are listed in the Data List PDF.

Looks like Live Control knob A changes the rotary speaker speed. I haven't scraped the manuals, but maybe there is another way?

As to the player's gestures in the video, fuggedaboutit. I've had many discussions with our "art school" kid about realism in videos, etc. To an artist, it only matters if it looks cool and the gig pays.  :)  I wouldn't look to a promo video for actual playing tips.

All the best -- pj