Author Topic: Left hand piano with Style running  (Read 1432 times)

Left hand piano with Style running
« on: February 05, 2022, 07:56:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

There's one technique that I've never figured out but I see being used by other players. I have an e.piano mapped to my Left hand voice. I want to play shots with it down in the Style trigger area but I can't get that to work.

It's sort of like being able to play full piano over the Style, while the Style is playing with the ACMP button on. How do I do that?

The Chord Detect is set to Lower and the Fingering is set to AI Fingering.

Thanks...
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Re: Left hand piano with Style running
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 08:08:47 PM »
Okay...I figured it out. You have to raise the range of the Style+Left hand setting. Then it includes the left hand playing.

I always do this! Ask a question, go to the Genos, figure it out, then come back here and look like an idiot :o. If anyone has something to add, please proceed. I hate to think I wasted everyone's time ;D.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 08:38:35 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

tyrosman

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 09:01:52 AM »
happens to me somtimes you are not alone ;D

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 09:33:11 AM »
Lee Batchelor. I'm interested in doing the same as you.
Can you give more details of your suggested Split-Point setting for me to try.

Any other input from other players appeciated.
DGX670

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 12:09:20 PM »
If you want to play in pianist style then you can set the keyboard fingering to AI Full Keyboard. This will then remove the split point but the style will still follow your chords and you just play your piano over the top.
If you want to play with AI Fingered and just put the odd chords in with Piano or EP then set this voice to the left hand part and make sure the volume for this part is sufficient to be heard.

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 01:15:31 PM »
Thanks all for chiming in.

Eileen describes two ways. I've used the first way where you play the whole keyboard like a piano and the bass follows your left hand chords. Problem: Unless your left hand chords are played in a fashion the Genos can recognize, the results will be sometimes undesirable.

Graham, the second method she describes is the one I was looking for. Here's the procedure.

• In the Voice Select area, press the Left button. Assign a suitable piano voice or something similar.
  • On the upper right section of the Genos, press Menu > Split and Fingering.
  • Turn on the ACMP button. The Style, Left, and R1 zones are displayed in the window.
  • In the window, select Style.
  • Rotate the data knob slowly until the display reads Style+Left.

You'll may find that the Octave setting for the Left hand voice may be too low, depending on the song. Adjust it by pressing the Direct Access and Upper Octave buttons.

There you go!

- Lee

Note to moderator(s)...perhaps Roger?
The HTML function for ordered and unordered lists on this forum software is very much broken and antiquated. It's not possible to select a list and apply one of these tools unless you know how to code in HTML5. Just thought I'd mention it, again :D. Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK