Author Topic: Metronome always on (SX900)  (Read 1122 times)

vilmostkiss

Metronome always on (SX900)
« on: January 21, 2022, 11:22:17 AM »
Hi!
In the band I am playing with drummer. We send out the metronome on the sub output to his in-ear monitor. The problem is that everytime I restart a style the metronome is gone, I have to switch on again, which is very annoying and easy to forget on a gig. Is there any solution to keep the metronome always on? Thank you for your help in advance!

Online overover

Re: Metronome always on (SX900)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 01:41:30 PM »
Hi vilmostkiss,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Unfortunately, the Metronome On/Off status cannot be saved anywhere.

I would either put the complete drums of the style on the "in-ears" for the drummer or just certain drum instruments, e.g. bass drum, snare and hi-hat. (Besides, I don't think it's very pleasant for a drummer to always have the monotonous Metronome click in his ear... ;) )

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

vilmostkiss

Re: Metronome always on (SX900)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 06:47:50 PM »
Hi vilmostkiss,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

Unfortunately, the Metronome On/Off status cannot be saved anywhere.

I would either put the complete drums of the style on the "in-ears" for the drummer or just certain drum instruments, e.g. bass drum, snare and hi-hat. (Besides, I don't think it's very pleasant for a drummer to always have the monotonous Metronome click in his ear... ;) )

Best regards,
Chris

Thank you Chris! That was my idea too, if the metronome thing wouldn't work. Although the metronome is assignable to a button, so not too hard to turn on, just easy to forget.
Maybe not too pleasant as you said, but I don't know, a complex drum channel could also bother his playing. We will try!
I say, it wouldn't be a big feature, Yamaha should put an option for constant metronome. Korg's metronome is working nonstop, so I got used to it.