Author Topic: Yamaha MFC-10 Midi Foot Controller  (Read 4680 times)

M Osinga

Yamaha MFC-10 Midi Foot Controller
« on: January 19, 2022, 08:25:17 PM »
Hello.
I bought a Yamaha MFC-10 Midi Foot Controller, but I can't get it to work. I have connected the midi cable as it should be, and sent the settings to the pedal.But it does nothing. Who can help me?

Offline Rick D.

Re: Yamaha MFC-10 Midi Foot Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 07:56:18 AM »
M Osinga,

Try this YouTube video to direct you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XWWr6SdyjA

Go here for the manual, if you don't have it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mucfyn46hjdjit0/mfc10e.pdf?dl=0

Hooking up the Tyros 4 and 5 to MFC-10 is a lot easier then getting it working on the Genos.

Let me know how you make out!

Rick D.

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 08:41:32 AM »
Hey!
Here are my settings from Tyros 4 and 5.
if it can be useful to you.
Regards Pierre

[attachment deleted by admin]
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

M Osinga

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 06:02:07 PM »
Hey!
Here are my settings from Tyros 4 and 5.
if it can be useful to you.
Regards Pierre

Dear Pierre and Rick

Thanks to your advieazen I got the Yamaha MFC-10 working, for which many thanks. It's just a pity that you can't control the lesley of the Hammond sound. Or do you know a way how to do that?

Greetings Martin

M Osinga

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 06:03:44 PM »
Dear Pierre and Rick

Thanks to your advieazen I got the Yamaha MFC-10 working, for which many thanks. It's just a pity that you can't control the lesley of the Hammond sound. Or do you know a way how to do that?

Greetings Martin

Thank you very much

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 06:30:07 PM »
I don’t beleive you can control the leslie rotory effect from MFC-10.

Rick D.

M Osinga

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 11:44:32 PM »
Hello Rick.

I looked for it carefully, but indeed you cannot set the lesley. But I do have a foot pedal with it.

Greetings Martin

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 03:39:11 AM »
I don’t beleive you can control the leslie rotory effect from MFC-10.

Rick D.

Hello Rick.

I looked for it carefully, but indeed you cannot set the lesley. But I do have a foot pedal with it.

Greetings Martin

Hi Rick,
hi Martin,

The [DSP Variation] button on the panel is used to change the rotating speed (slow/fast) of the rotary speaker effect.

According to Tyros4 Reference Manual, this function can not only be assigned to a foot switch connected to a Foot Pedal jack, but it can also be assigned to a "Switch No." in the MFC10 settings to use it from the MFC10. Have you tried this?

Best regards.
Chris
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:41:05 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 08:32:52 AM »
Dear Pierre and Rick

Greetings Martin

M Osinga look at my first picture on the black marking,
there I have the leslie variation on switch no. 0, the DSP variation on Right 2.
You can change it to Right 1 if you want.
In Genos, they have removed this possibility,
there you have to connect it to a foot pedal.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:37:17 AM by PierreSW »
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 09:25:36 AM »
The 'rotary speaker' button on Genos is a strange one. When I first saw Genos I assumed this was just the 'DSP VAR' button rebranded. But, it's not - it only affects the rotary speaker effect. And the whole concept of the "DSP VAR" parameter just doesn't exist on Genos, which I do find a bit strange.

(NB I'm talking about the variation parameter of an effect, not the 'variation effect', which is DSP1 on Tyros)
Genos

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 11:11:44 AM »
I have a genos now and it is different then the Tyros 4 and 5. I have not been able to figure out how to assign a MFC-10 button to rotary speaker.

Rick D.

M Osinga

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 12:51:18 PM »
Hello Rick.

Greetings Martin

M Osinga

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 12:56:37 PM »
The 'rotary speaker' button on Genos is a strange one. When I first saw Genos I assumed this was just the 'DSP VAR' button rebranded. But, it's not - it only affects the rotary speaker effect. And the whole concept of the "DSP VAR" parameter just doesn't exist on Genos, which I do find a bit strange.

(NB I'm talking about the variation parameter of an effect, not the 'variation effect', which is DSP1 on Tyros)
Hello Pierre.

I have already connected a spoon pedal for it in the meantime.
Because I find the lesley on the upper right side not so practical.

Greetings Martin

M Osinga

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 01:00:57 PM »
Hello all

One thing is unfortunate. That the swell pedal only works for the right hand, and not for the left hand. I have now had to add an extra swell pedal.

By the way, I want to thank you all for thinking with me.

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 01:04:21 PM »
I have a genos now and it is different then the Tyros 4 and 5. I have not been able to figure out how to assign a MFC-10 button to rotary speaker.

Rick D.

Hi Rick,
hi Martin,

There is no [DSP VARIATON] button on the Genos and therefore no function with that name for use with foot pedals or external MIDI controllers. The Rotary Speaker effect is switched on the Genos with the [ROTARY SP/ ASSIGNABLE] button. The corresponding assignable function for use with directly connected foot pedals is called "Organ Rotary Slow/Fast".

The corresponding page for use with the MFC10 is called "External Controller" in Genos MIDI settings. There is no "SWITCH NO." column here, as with the Tyros models. However, the rows "CC#0 / C#-1" to "CC#15 / B1" in the "CC / Note" column (on pages 1/5 and 2/5) correspond to "SWITCH NO." 0 - 10 ( for use with the 11 onboard foot switches of the MFC10).

I don't have an MFC10 and unfortunately I can't test this on the Genos in any other way at the moment, but I think that the "Effect Right1", Effect Right2", "Effect Right3" and "Effect Left" functions available under "MIDI > External Controller" can be used to switch the Rotary Speaker effect (slow/fast). Also see the attached pictures.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:08:48 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 02:01:51 PM »
Thanks Chris,

I will give it a try when I get some time. That sounds like it may work.

Thanks,

Rick D.

M Osinga

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 10:16:12 AM »
Hello all

I've been working on being able to control the volume of the left hand (The styles) with the volume pedal the MFC-10 as well. But I have not been able to find that setting. Is this actually possible to realize?

Greetings Martin

I have since read that this is not possible.
I read this on the page below.

https://www.muziekhuisdera.nl/yamaha-mfc10-aaa-genos

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 02:48:13 PM by M Osinga »

M Osinga

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 04:41:12 PM »
Dear people.
I just found out that if I turn the keyboard off, and back on, the mfc10 has lost all its settings again.  Who knows what I am doing wrong?

Offline overover

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 05:16:26 PM »
Dear people.
I just found out that if I turn the keyboard off, and back on, the mfc10 has lost all its settings again.  Who knows what I am doing wrong?

Hi Martin,

After you have changed settings in the MIDI display, you must save them as a User MIDI template.

On the Tyros4 you press the Exit button once to leave the Edit page. Then switch to the User tab, press Save, enter a new, meaningful name and save the new template with OK.

Important: Make sure that the NEW template is now activated. This is the only way to automatically reload it after restarting the keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 05:20:38 PM by overover »

M Osinga

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 09:34:58 PM »
Hello all.

I want to thank you all for the support to getting my MFC 10 working. That was the way Chris. I am now just looking for a way to control 2 keyboards with 1 volume pedal.

Greatings Martin