Author Topic: DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING ADDITIONAL SYLES DGX670B  (Read 2777 times)

kt66

DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING ADDITIONAL SYLES DGX670B
« on: January 15, 2022, 08:42:03 PM »
Could some fine individual in simple terms explain to me where I can download style files, and how to load them into my new DGX670B Please. Is there an app for that?

Offline Delaware809

Re: DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING ADDITIONAL SYLES DGX670B
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 09:38:37 PM »
I have used a DGX 670 with Style files from a USB.   I had saved these to the USB from my CVP 809. my Genos, and some which were downloaded from this site. PSRTutorial.  Among recent Yamaha Keyboards, Style files are transportable across different instruments.  My styles are customized with my own Voice choices in the 4 OTS that come with all recent styles and then renamed with the song that I used them for.  Most of the Styles worked fine but some of my voices needed replacement with more DGX friendly ones.

Online Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 10:38:26 AM »
kt66...As Delaware809 has suggested keep styles and play them from USB. The only limit is the size of your USB.
The internal DGX memory is very small 20MB so save that for editing perposes.

On my DGX670 some of the later Genos & SX models produce unwanted drum noises. (Revo-Drums)
They even added these unwanted Drum noises on my T5-76.
From this PSR site style downloads try the PSR3000 and S900 Styles, I have found they play well and need less voice alterations.

It's a pity that even small style alteration have to be saved a RGT's.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:45:32 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

kt66

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 12:26:28 AM »
How could I utilize the styles that are in my Korg M50, which was not too long ago given to me. The Korg being a workstation does not have the interaction that I have with the dgx drum machine, but the Korg's library is quite large,

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 09:45:37 AM »
How could I utilize the styles that are in my Korg M50, which was not too long ago given to me. The Korg being a workstation does not have the interaction that I have with the dgx drum machine, but the Korg's library is quite large,

Hi kt66,

I don't think you can convert the Korg M50's "Drum Tracks" to the Yamaha Style File Format for use as a Style. However, you could create a Song on the M50 in Sequencer Mode using a "Drum Track" and then save it as a Standard MIDI file (.mid). You could then use this MIDI file on the DGX-670. (The file may have to be edited beforehand using a computer.)

P.S.
Theoretically, you could then use such MIDI files (created from an M50 Drum Track) to program Styles on the computer. But this requires a lot of experience in the areas of "MIDI" and "Style programming".

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)