Author Topic: DGX670 Registration Advice wanted  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Graham UK

DGX670 Registration Advice wanted
« on: January 11, 2022, 10:40:51 AM »
Registration Advice wanted...What method do you use to keep RGT's associated with the Style ?.
Possibly keeping both in the one folder ?.
DGX670

Offline Fred Smith

Re: DGX670 Registration Advice wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 12:57:09 PM »
Registration Advice wanted...What method do you use to keep RGT's associated with the Style ?.
Possibly keeping both in the one folder ?.

It’s your choice. A registration will work regardless of where the user style is.

The best method is, once you’ve memorized the registration, don’t move or rename the style.

The second best method is, if you move or rename the style, then re-memorize the registration.

That’s all there is to it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 04:27:05 PM »
Fred. The reason I asked the question was because on the T5-76 after adjusting a style each was saved as User Style (rename).

On DGX670 Style alterations have to saved as Registrations, the inbuilt DGX styles are not a problem because they are fixed but 3rd party styles on USB may be better placed in a dedicated folder in USER with the RGT's.
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 08:18:53 PM »
Hi Graham,

it's exactly the same as on e.g. all Tyros models, Genos, PSR-S/SX models: You can save your Registration Banks to any location, and you can always copy, move or rename the Registration Bank files if desired. They always will work, from any drive and any location. In terms of functionality, it makes no difference whether you save the Registration Bank files in the folder of the style used or not. As usual, I recommend using a separate main folder on the USB stick for each file type (e.g. Registration, Style, Multi Pad, MIDI, User Voice, Text) and creating sub-folders in it as required.

BUT you must not move or rename the user files that are linked in the Registrations (e.g. user styles, multi pads, MIDI files, txt files). This also applies to the folder in which the linked files are located.

Otherwise the Registration could no longer find / load the linked files, and you would have to update / re-memorize each Registration and re-save the Bank.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 08:23:54 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 07:46:35 AM »
Chris. I have already made these folders into USER.
Registration, Style, MIDI, VCE Voices. (No multiPads on DGX)

Your replay appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:47:43 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 08:22:29 AM »
Chris. I have already made these folders into USER.
Registration, Style, MIDI, VCE Voices. (No multiPads on DGX)

Your replay appreciated.

Hi Graham,

I talked about USB sticks (on which it is advisable to create main folders for Styles, Registrations, etc.).

This is NOT necessary in the internal User drive, because these main folders are already integrated in the system and will be used automatically (depending on the File Selection display used). However, I do NOT recommend saving the "work data" in the internal User drive, as this is only about 20 MB (megabytes) in size on the DGX-670.

In the User drive I would save at most User Voices and maybe some Registrations that are often needed as well as important "Setup Registrations". For other data I would use a USB stick.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 09:43:17 AM »
Chris. Yes, I had already noticed how small the USER size was, but thanks for reminding me.

I have recently been playing with the DGX UNISION & ADAPTIVE which upto now no other Yammy arrangers have and which works well and a good addition.
This DGX670 is working out better for me than expected.
DGX670